Chapter 23- Dumbledore's Army (Ava)

Chapter 23 (Ava)

I followed Neville out of the passageway into the Room of Requirement, and stopped short. It looked different to what I remembered, with tapestry hangings all over the walls and bookcases bulging with books. There was also a wireless radio in the corner of the room which piqued my interest. I took a step towards it, but stopped when someone suddenly shouted.

"Ava Potter! It's Ava Potter!"

I spun around, turning to look at the gathering crowd of students in front of me.

"Wasn't she a Slytherin?" Someone asked, "Why is she here?"

I turned to look at Michael Corner, "Oh, get your head out of your arse, Corner. I've come here to bloody help you, not sell you all off to You-Know-Who."

Neville snorted beside me, before clearing his throat, "Yes! This is Ava Potter! But just because she was in Slytherin doesn't mean anything now. She's here to help us! She'll stay in the Room of Requirement and ensure that everyone is healed properly, as well as collecting supplies from Aberforth regularly. If you've got a problem with her, feel free to say it now. I'm sure she'll have a few words for anyone who does."

I looked at everyone with a smile, and I recognised a few of the faces, including Seamus, Lavender and the Patil twins.

"What made you come here?" Seamus finally asked, "Why not join the Order instead?"

I raised an eyebrow, "I'm not allowed, thanks to Remus Lupin. So he let me come here instead."

Seamus nodded, seemingly pleased with my response. I cleared my throat.

"None of you must mention my name outside of these walls. I'm on the run. From Death Eaters." I ignored Neville's shocked glance in my direction, "And if they find out I'm here, it will most likely put most of your lives in jeopardy as well as mine. Just pretend I'm not here."

"Will you help me with my homework?" A young Gryffindor boy asked me. Everyone began to laugh, and any tension that had been in the room before dissipated. Neville reached out and squeezed my hand, pulling me down towards the students to show me around.

"These are the hammocks where some of us sleep at night if we end up staying here too late," He narrowed his eyes, "In fact... I think the Room of Requirement made another one for you."

I glanced at the multicoloured hammocks and smiled to myself, still amazed by what the Room of Requirement could do.

"And here we have a storage cupboard filled with healing potions and textbooks about healing." Neville told me quietly.

Seamus appeared on the other side of me, "You must be a good healer if they sent you here."

I turned to face him, "I'm not particularly... well trained in it. But I can learn fast. If I'm going to be in here all day while the rest of you are in lessons, looks like I'll have plenty of time to read."

A grin spread across Seamus' face, "Look forward to having you on the team."

I laughed, "Let's hope I live up to your expectations then, Seamus."

"I'm sorry," A voice spoke from behind me. I turned to look at Michael Corner as he shrugged, "I thought... I don't know. But I remember that you were in Dumbledore's Army a couple of years ago. It makes sense that you'd come back to us."

I smiled, surprised by his quick change in opinion, "It's alright, Michael. I understand there's a lot of stereotypes that people have in their heads. And in the current situation, I can see why anyone would be against a Slytherin. But I promise you, I'm nothing close to a Death Eater."

Out of the Shadows (A Harry Potter Fan Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara