Chapter 5- Bitter Secrets (Ava)

A/N-

Hey everyone! So it's the last day of the Easter Holidays for me and I really felt like getting some writing done before I go back. I can guarantee that my updates will be much less frequent once I return to school as I have my GCSEs starting in a few weeks. Good luck to anyone else who has exams as well!

I hope you all enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter 5 (Ava)

“Anything else, Mrs. Weasley?” I asked as I placed the ribbons on the table in front of her. We had been preparing decorations all morning as Fred and George had gone away for the day to do something for the Order, leaving me free to help.

“I believe Harry, Ron and Hermione are in the living room preparing paper decorations if you would like to help them with that, Ava.” Mrs. Weasley smiled up at me, “Thank you so much for helping me out with this. You are too kind.”

I shook my head, “Not a problem!”

When I opened the door to the living room, the voices within the room instantly fell silent. I tried to hide my irritation at my brother’s secrecy as I popped my head into the room, “I hear you require help with paper decorations?”

Hermione nodded, raising the paper snowflakes and chains that she had on her lap. I laughed and sat down opposite them, pulling out my wand.

“No need for a wand, Ava,” Ron muttered sarcastically, “Hermione is doing it the muggle way. I don’t understand why, when it’s so much faster to do it with a spell.”

“I used to do it with scissors with my parents when I was younger…” Hermione trailed off, suddenly sounding as if she didn’t want to finish her sentence.

I picked up a piece of paper and began folding it carefully, “Well, perhaps next year at Hogwarts you will get taught just the spell to do such things. I can’t see that being on the Defence Against the Dark Arts syllabus though, can you?”

I looked up at the three of them, expecting them to be smiling- but their faces were blank.

I frowned, “What did I say?”

Ron looked at Harry desperately, and my brother shook his head putting down the paper snowflake that he had been holding, “Ava, we aren’t… we aren’t going back to Hogwarts next year.”

Slowly, I nodded, realising that returning to Hogwarts would not be desirable for anyone after Dumbledore’s death.
“What will you do then?” I asked.

“We’re going to… go away for a while. There’s something that I- we need to do.” Harry gulped, glancing nervously at me.

“What do you need to do? Does the Order know?”

Harry hesitated, “I haven’t told the Order officially, a couple of them have just figured out that we won’t be here for a while. I can’t say what we’re doing… it’s got to be kept a secret.”