Chapter 17- Free (Ava)

Chapter 17 (Ava)

It had been at least a week since I had seen Draco. Another Death Eater had been bringing me my food, and that was the only company I'd had. I had assumed that they had all grown bored of me. To them, I was simply a plaything. They couldn't use me for information- surely they had figured that out by now.

I had taken to pacing about the cell, trying to stretch my aching limbs in order to soothe the leftover pain as soon as possible. Other than that, there was nothing much for me to do.

I was leaning against the bars of the cell when I heard the creak of the door at the top of the stairs. I glanced up quickly, straightening up and trying to identify who it was.

"Potter, looks like you'll finally get another trip out of the cell," The figure sneered. I recognised the voice instantly- it was the Death Eater that had tortured me so terribly the week before.

"Another trip?" I stepped backwards to allow him to open the cell door, "What a treat."

"Don't try anything sarcastic with me, Potter. Otherwise I can remind you of our last encounter. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, would you?" He pulled me towards him and breathed in my ear.

I took a shaky breath, and decided to keep my mouth shut. He seemed disappointed as he dragged me up the stairs towards the main hall of the house.

As expected, Bellatrix was standing in the middle of the room with a smirk on her face. I raised my eyebrows.

"I haven't seen you in a while- I thought you'd all forgotten about me."

She snorted, "Unlikely, Potter. Stand in the middle."

Reluctantly, I walked towards the middle of the room and placed my hands on my hips, "What will it be today?"

As I asked, several other Death Eaters filed into the room, including Draco and his parents. I glanced away from Draco quickly and back towards the floor.

"I've grown rather tired of torturing you, Potter. You're so... dull. I'd much rather watch someone else torture you instead."

I gulped, attempting to keep my gaze steady, "Your idea of entertainment sickens me, Bellatrix."

"That's why we're so different, deary," She spun around to inspect the other Death Eaters in the room, "Now... who is it going to be today?"

She stepped towards the line of Death Eaters with a sly smile on her face, as if she were picking out a present.

"I'd be happy to," The Death Eater who had brought me into the hall sneered. A shiver ran down my spine. I didn't want to witness pain like... that again.

"Shut it, Dolohov." Bellatrix hissed.

She had walked along the line of Death Eaters two times before she finally stopped in front of someone.

"How about Draco, here?"

My heart stopped in my chest, and I watched in silence as he stepped forwards with trembling hands.

"It would be my pleasure, Auntie." He muttered with a smirk, reaching into his pocket for his wand.

Slowly, he stepped into the middle of the room and finally raised his eyes to meet mine. He appeared to be on the verge of tears, his lip trembling slightly. I decided to delay him.

"Have you ever cast the Cruciatus curse before, Draco?" I asked quietly.

He frowned at me as he shook his head, "There's a first time for everything, Potter."