Chapter 31- Explosion (Ava)

A/N-

I've been writing this while listening to the Deathly Hallows Part 2 soundtrack and I am having a really emotional time...

Chapter 31 (Ava)

Everyone in the Room of Requirement cheered and rushed towards the bottom of the stairs. People were already pulling their wands out of their pockets and preparing for a fight. I didn't move though, as I watched Mrs. Weasley catch Ginny's wrist and pull her back from the door. I rushed forwards with Fred to see what was going on. Only a few of us were left remaining in the Room, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry rush forwards to see the commotion.

"You're under-age!" Mrs. Weasley shouted, "I won't permit it! The boys, yes, but you, you've got to go home!"

"I won't!" Ginny yelled back at her mum, her eyes blazing with anger, "I'm in Dumbledore's Army!"

"A teenagers' gang!" Mrs. Weasley shot back.

Fred stepped forwards, "A teenagers' gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!"

"She's sixteen! She's not old enough! What you two were thinking, bringing her with you-"

Fred seemed to shrink back slightly, shame colouring his cheeks. I looked between Ginny and Mrs. Weasley, my chest tightening.

"Mrs. Weasley," I spoke up, "Ginny has done as much to fight for this cause as the rest of us. And I know she's underage, but she's worked so hard for Dumbledore's Army."

Mrs. Weasley's face softened slightly, but Bill shook his head at me.

"Mum's right, Ginny. You can't do this. Everyone under-age will have to leave, it's only right."

Ginny exploded, "I can't go home! My whole family's here, I can't stand waiting there alone and not knowing and-" She trailed off as she looked at Harry. After a moment, she sighed, "Fine. I'll say goodbye now, then and-"

A banging noise cut her off and someone stumbled out of the tunnel. I turned around and my mouth fell open as I realised who it was.

"Am I too late? Has it started? I only just found out, so I- I-"

Percy stopped speaking when he realised that his whole family was standing there. Without realising, I wrapped my hand around Fred's wrist and pulled him back beside me. The room was silent. Fleur turned to Remus.

"So – 'ow eez leetle Teddy?"

Remus' eyes widened in surprise, "I – oh yes- he's fine! Yes, Tonks is with him – at her mother's. Here! I've got a picture!"

He showed the picture to Harry and Fleur. I watched as Harry's expression softened, the hint of a smile at the edge of his lips.

"I was a fool!" Percy yelled, "I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a – a -"

Fred sneered, "Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron."

"Yes, I was!" Percy sounded quite defeated.

"Well," Fred held out his free hand, "You can't say fairer than that."

Mrs. Weasley began to cry and she rushed forwards to hug Percy. "I'm sorry, Dad," He murmured. A second later, Mr. Weasley followed to hug him.

"What made you see sense, Perce?" George asked.

"It's been coming on for a while. But I had to find a way out and it's not so easy at the Ministry, they're imprisoning traitors all the time. I managed to make contact with Aberforth and he tipped me off ten minutes ago that Hogwarts was going to make a fight of it, so here I am."