Chapter 15- Suffering (Fred)

Chapter 15 (Fred)

I felt my eyes flutter open, and I had to squeeze them shut to stop the light from hurting my head. I tried to move my hands to rub my eyes, but I found that I couldn't move them. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at my wrists, noticing that they were each tied down with thick pieces of rope. No matter how much I struggled, they wouldn't budge.

I turned my head around as far as I could, and realised that I was tied to a wall. I was trapped.

When I turned my head back around, a figure was standing in front of me.

Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Well, well, well," She cackled, "Looks like we've got a Weasel here! I hear you tried to fight off five Death Eaters last night. It must have been quite a challenge. And you'll get brownie points for trying."

I glared at her, "Cut the rubbish, Lestrange. What are you going to do with me?"

She cocked her head to the side, "You're all so feisty. All we need is some information on Harry Potter's whereabouts. Do you know what he's up to at all?"

I surprised myself by laughing.

"And why would I tell you that? Do you think I'm a bloody traitor?"

Bellatrix pouted, "Oh, Freddie boy. Why do you have to be so difficult?"

"Nothing will make me tell you. Absolutely nothing." I hissed.

"Not even this?" She asked with a small smile, beckoning someone in from just outside the door.

Two Death Eaters came in, holding someone else against their will. The person seemed to be struggling, elbowing the Death Eaters in the faces at every available opportunity.

One of the Death Eaters moved away as they threw the person to the ground, and my heart stopped.

It was Ava.

She was wearing the same dress that she had worn on the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding, although it had been torn to shreds. Her hair was in knots, and her face and arms appeared to be grubby.

Her eyes met mine, and she seemed to freeze. She didn't say anything.

I longed to run towards her and hold her, to protect her from everything- but I couldn't.

"Here's how it's going to work, Weasel," Bellatrix grinned, "You're going to tell us information about Harry Potter. If you don't, Ava dearest will suffer."

"Fred! Don't do it!" Ava shouted just before a Death Eater kicked her in the ribs.

I watched her expression as she raised her head. She widened her eyes desperately, and I could read the message that she was trying to tell me.

Don't you dare.

I gulped, turning to face Bellatrix, "You'll get nothing out of me."

Smirking, she turned around and raised her wand, "Crucio."

Ava's body began to writhe, and her eyes widened as the pain hit. My heart twisted in my chest, and I couldn't help but call out her name.

She didn't react. I watched her face closely, looking for signs of recognition. Her mouth was clamped shut, and she had a completely straight face. I wondered how she was doing it- how she was managing to suppress the screams of such immense pain?

And then it hit me. Ava was used to the pain. She had experienced the Cruciatus curse so much over the time that she'd been here that she now knew how to deal with the pain.