Chapter 32- Shadows (Ava)

A/N-

Hey everyone! Sorry again for the delay (almost 4 months- I feel awful) but my life has been hectic, what with my A Level exams, various holidays, A Level results and preparing to go to university! I start uni in a few weeks, but my Big Aim for the next few weeks is to finish this fanfic!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, and hopefully I'll be updating again very soon!!! :)

Chapter 32 (Ava)

"What happened to Rookwood?" Somebody asked as Fred helped me to my feet.

I glanced around, but I couldn't spot his dark head of hair among the crowds. I shrugged my shoulders, "I think he's gone."

Fred's hands were still wrapped around my arms.

"Did I tell you you're amazing?" He murmured, and I spun around and caught hold of his hands.

"I think we covered that one, yeah," I quipped, "And we can talk about how amazing I am later, when this is all over. We've got a war to win, you know."

Fred seemed reluctant to let go of me, and when the castle shuddered around us I leant forwards and kissed him firmly on the lips.

"Come on. Remus sent me in to get more recruits for outside. We need to fight as many Death Eaters off outside as possible, to prevent them from getting in."

A few people who'd overhead me cheered loudly, and I moved towards the downward stairs.

Fred was right beside me, his hand wrapped tightly around mine. With a new found adrenaline running through my veins, and the larger group of students behind me, I felt more confident as we made our way out of the castle towards the grounds. On our way, Fred and I encountered a few Death Eaters who we easily stunned on the stairs, causing many to topple over the banisters.

When we rolled out onto the grass, I stopped and surveyed the damage. The Death Eaters were still making their way across the grounds, but with our increased numbers we had a chance of holding them back.

Fred and I began directing various students into different areas of the grounds, and then the two of us sprinted forwards.

"Remus!" I yelled, when I caught sight of him, "We got reinforcements!"

"Took your time!" Remus yelled back, spinning around and giving me a smile.

Fred hexed a Death Eater and shouted over his shoulder, "She almost died in the process, Remus, let her off easy, will you?"

Remus' eyes widened slightly as they fell on me in surprise, but I glanced over his shoulder and almost screamed. Remus spun back around just as Dolohov staggered forwards and attempted to send a killing curse his way. Remus just missed it, and as I turned to help Fred battle a Death Eater, I heard him shout.

"Back already, Dolohov? I thought I'd done you in enough!"

I snorted at Remus' relaxed tone, and as the Death Eater in front of Fred and I collapsed, I glanced over my shoulder to quip something at Remus.

As I opened my mouth, a jet of bright green light exploded from the end of Dolohov's wand. Remus, who's eyes were searching the crowds around him for Tonks, was hardly paying attention. As if in slow motion, the jet of green light travelled through the air and hit Remus square in the face, catching him by complete surprise. His eyes widened, and his body slumped to the floor.

I screamed.

Fred reached out for me clumsily to hold me back from Dolohov, but he'd already turned and run in pursuit of someone else. I staggered a few more steps forwards before I fell to my knees beside Remus' limp body.