Chapter 27- Truth (Ava)

A/N-

Sorry for the incredibly long wait! A-levels are taking up so much of my time at the moment, but I still try and write when I have a spare moment!

Also, this chapter was inspired by an episode of the BBC Doctor Who spin-off called Class, which is written by Patrick Ness. I would recommend the series, it's really good!

Chapter 27 (Ava)

When I woke up in my hammock, I was surprised to find the Room of Requirement was empty. It had been two days since we'd broken into the potions cabinet and the five of us had spent most of our time together brewing potions. Everyone had been there when I'd fallen asleep, but they must have gone down to breakfast. I shivered, hoping they wouldn't get into any trouble.

To distract myself I moved over to the cauldrons we had by the fire where we were brewing various healing potions. I glanced in the potions textbook that we'd been using and checked the stage that each potion was at. Thankfully, two of them were complete. I retrieved some glass bottles from the cabinet and poured the dark red potion into separate bottles, labelling them with a quill before stacking them on the shelf. Just as I started to add more ingredients to some of the other potions, I heard the doors open. I turned my head sharply, but relaxed when Dean, Ginny, Seamus and Neville tumbled into the room with armfuls of food.

"Ava Potter!" Seamus shouted as he threw himself down onto the pile of cushions, "Get away from that cauldron! No more work until we've all eaten breakfast together!"

I started to protest, but a moment later he was behind me, dragging me backwards across the floor. The others started laughing, and I pulled my wand out and waved it threateningly at Seamus. He raised his hands in surrender as he sat back down again, and I threw myself down onto the cushions beside him.

"Just how did you smuggle all this food from the Great Hall without being noticed?" I asked with a stare at the piles of food and the jugs of pumpkin juice that were laid out in the middle of our small circle.

"No idea," Dean murmured, "I didn't even see the Carrows when we walked into the Great Hall..."

"I did," Ginny frowned, "They were walking away from the Gryffindor table with a smug look on their faces. Alecto was holding a bottle of some sort, but I couldn't tell what was in it, if anything."

"Then they walked out," Neville told me, "So we grabbed the pumpkin juice jugs from the table and Seamus nicked a whole pile of toast and bacon."

I beamed as I reached for a cup and poured myself some pumpkin juice, "You guys do treat me to the best meals, I have to say. I don't even miss Mrs. Weasley's cooking at this point."

Mentioning Mrs. Weasley made me think of Fred, and my throat tightened. I did miss him. More than anything.

"So," Neville distracted me from my thoughts, "Which potions are finished?"

"Blood replenishing, thankfully," I told them, "The others are on their way there. If we're lucky, we might be able to get the next batch of potions on the go by tomorrow."

"That will be if you slave over them for the next few hours, Ava," Seamus looked at me pointedly, "And we're not going to let you do that."

"It's not like I have anything better to do," I pointed out, "I'm trapped in here all day every day. I like to keep myself busy."

Seamus rolled his eyes but decided against saying anything else. I gave him a smile and he suddenly glanced up at me.

"I didn't trust you when you first came here. It was a bit suspicious that you'd managed to get in here without getting caught. I wondered if you'd had inside help from the Death Eaters."