Chapter 1;

Before reading, remember this is only fiction, and does not reflect at all on how I feel about Niall, okay? 

And, do not copy my work. 

There is a bit of cussing, but it's not excessive.

Thanks you! I hope you enjoy! 

[This was my first fanfic, and it was written January-July 2013, and it isn't amazing. But, if you are here now reading this, thank you for the support, and I hope you enjoy regardless of my old errors.]

____________

There was a light in my eyes blinding me. Where was I? I couldn't seem to make sense of things for a moment until I built up enough energy to sit myself up right; probably wasting what felt like ten minutes. Slouching, I began to take note of my surroundings. Encircling me was a pale blue curtain, barely serving as a wall. I hadn't quite noticed the noises around me, but when I began to here yelling, it seemed that I was yanked out of my disoriented state.

I'm in the emergency room.

Why? I was fine. I was fine, right? I looked down at my arms to find my shirt was slightly tattered and my pants were drenched in blood. Well, I supposed not drenched. I wasn't sure if it was good or bad that it was dry. That's when it hit me; what exactly had just happened. 

Immediately my heart rate escalated, and my breath began hitching unsteadily. "Shit." I immidiately jumped onto my feet, pushing through the cloth enclosing me forcefully. "Where is he?" I asked, yelling at the nurse that had immediately turned in my direction to shun me from the hectic mess weighing upon the people surrounding. Doctors seemed to crowd together as they rushed in one direction to the left up a hallway. Maybe it was my eyesight, or maybe it was my fear, but I somehow failed at finding what door they went in because I couldn't see. 

"I don't know who you're talking about!" she replied, looking worried as her head turned in the directions the doctors had just ran. She was knawing on her bottom lip until she turned to look at me once again. "Just get back in there and sit down. A doctor or someone will be with you in a little bit."

A little bit? I knew better than that. I wasn't the one in the most risk currently, but I didn't want attention. I didn't need it. "No," I replied in a curt tone, spurring past her insolently. 

She seemed to run forward after me, but somehow either I got ahead of her, or she decided to give it up—which for the record—was in fact the best decision because she wasn't going to stop me. I ran down the corridor dizzily, which seemed endless as I veered my head every which way to see which room he was in. It was like I was never going to find him. Maybe I did need treated, because I was almost convinced that I was exaggerating the length of the hallway. 

Finally, after all the unsteady running, I found him. It was obvious that he had just recently arrived considering they were just now starting to treat him. 

Everyone's heads flicked in my direction when I broke there concentration. “Is he going to be okay?” I bawled. No one answered. "Is he?" 

The doctors were distracted, and seemed to disregard my comment until I repeated myself yet again. "We don't know!" one yelled, clearly angry. "Get out of here!"

"Niall!" I whined. His head seemed to fall over in my direction but his eyelids looked so heavy that I couldn't even make eye contact with him. He let out an uncomfortable groan that seemed soft, convincing me that he was trying to talk but couldn't manage to get anything out. "Do something!"

"We're trying! Get out!" 

"You have to—"

Another female doctor butted in. "Okay that's it," she said turning around. "Someone get her out of here!"