Chapter 6;

It's been a while since I updated, but I've had homework, and I haven't bothered with getting on wattpad at all, nor have I been in the mood to write either... But I got around to it, considering it's Friday, and I don't have to get up so early in the morning! :)

(This first irrelevant part is mainly to clarify what happened the morning after, just so it’s not confusing later...)

**

I crept around the corner, sloppily yanking out the black hairband I had holding up a ponytail I fell asleep with in. I winced a bit as I continued tugging on the knot it was caught on, but soon I successfully got it free from my tangled strands. I slowly peaked into the living room, where I found Harry was already gone. I tiptoed over by the couch, not that I had to, finding the quilts and blankets I had loaned him stacked, and neatly folded on the corner of the couch. He had even taken the time to fold up the mattress. It was quite early, and we were up extremely late. He didn’t have to leave, and this made me wonder; did he leave as soon as I was asleep?

After standing silent in front of the blankets for a few seconds, I carefully picked up the note sat on top of them,

‘Thank you for letting me stay last night, hopefully we can talk again soon (sorry I had to go) –Harry x’

As I read on I found that his number was also written on the bottom, and unfortunately I was reluctant to call. I wasn't sure it was time to start getting close to anyone.

*2 Weeks Later*

“I don’t even like going to parties anymore, I’m not sure why I keep coming with you,” I said sitting down on the couch in the corner of the room, Jade following immediately.

“I told you, you didn’t have to come,” she spat, “It’s not my fault you’re lonely.”

I first gave her a look of shock, but as her rude comment sunk in my expression soon turned sour, "I can't believe you," I snapped in annoyance.

There was nothing but a long gap full of silence. I tried ignoring her presence beside me, considering she was aggravating me with every slight movement she made, "Look, I'm sorry," she said, sighing heavily, "I didn't mean that - you - you're just so cranky anymore," she finished in a low tone, easing her words out in what felt like a careful manor. 

She was right, making me feel like a fool. I was nothing but bitter, "I know," I replied letting out a shameful breath, "I'm really sorry too."

Things were quiet again, only briefly, "So, how'd it go with that guy the other night?" she asked, hurrying as she changed the topic, "Have you talked to him since?"

I answered with no hesitation, "No."

She made an odd expression, that was almost unreadable, but when taking a second glance at her I found her to be quite puzzled, "Why not?"

I didn't look at her as I directed my vision forward, scoping the room, "Uhhh," I strung on, not really caring to talk, "I don't know, but he has a girlfriend anyway, so it doesn't matter."

"Well..."

I found someone I decided to dance with, "Look, we can talk later, okay?" I interrupted her. There was still a possible hint of anger inside; still being slightly offended, after being called lonely. Maybe I wanted to prove her wrong; I wasn't sure, but regardless of hating parties, and dancing, I was determined to somehow use it as a way to prove some messed up point. I pushed through some people, not caring whether they like it or not. God there's too many people here, I thought also taking note of how loud the music was, and how that itself also did not satisfy me, "Hi," I greeted him, tapping his shoulder, "Wanna dance?" I asked in an odd tone; almost demanding. As he looked me up and down; not bothering to be subtle, I began looking around for Jade. I was hoping she was watching, or this was completely useless. I sighed, rolling my eyes; of course not. She had already found a boy of her own.