Chapter 24;

Well, I'm kind of awful for not updating for so long... I hate doing it, but I did have to split it up odd, so it transitions odd twice (I think you'll get what I'm saying once you read it?), but anyway here you go guys! 

**

I pulled my hair back, attempting to keep it in perfect condition after just curling it. How much time did I have left? I looked over at the clock to find there was only about ten minutes remaining until Harry got here, making me rush over to my closet. I yanked and pried different pieces of clothing off hangers, making a huge mess in the process, which I knew I was going to have to clean soon, but I pushed away the thought. Alright, ten minutes, ten minutes, I repeated in my head over and over, trying to reassure myself. I pulled on the pale green skirt I had chosen, and then tucked in the tank-top I decided to pair with it into the edge. The skirt came up to my ribcage, which made me excessively uncomfortable, but I hadn't worn it and somehow I had convinced myself that now was the time. I ran over to my bed picking up a leather jacket, soon pulling it over my shoulders. 

Right as I was pulling on my black heels, I heard a knock at the door, making my stomach flip in anticipation, "Coming!" I yelled running out of the room, grabbing a black clutch on the way. 

"Hey," Harry greeted smugly immediately shocking me with a hug where he wrapped his large hands around my waist rather than my back. I hugged him back as he put his head in my neck, letting out a deep breath, "I like that outfit."

I pulled away from our embrace, feeling his hands rub against my hips as I looked up at him, "Thanks," I sighed heavily in what somewhat felt like a massive relief. 

"So you ready?" he asked putting his hands on my lower back, helping me out the door. It was a relief to see he was somewhat dressed casually. The thought of going somewhere extravagant kept me up last night.

Why am I so nervous? I questioned myself. It wasn't like I hadn't gone out with him before. I thought for a while once in the car. I had finally accepted the fact that I did have feelings for him, so maybe that was it... Or maybe it was the thought of him having any anticipation held onto this at all. It was actually so odd to feel so... so... normal? Was I ever not normal? I thought. Maybe I never was, or maybe I'm not, but somehow I had wriggled the feeling of normality into my mind. Was it good, or was it bad? I couldn't tell. 

"You okay?" Harry asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Mhmm," I answered, suddenly blushing. Oh my god, I thought looking anxiously towards my window, "You?" I choked out.

I heard him laugh softly, "Yep." It wasn't long until we had gotten to the restaurant Harry had picked. It was the same one we had gone to however long ago it was... It felt like ages ago, so it was hard to pin-point specifically the span of time that had passed. I unbuckled my seat-belt, preparing to get out of the car, until Harry surprisingly came around and opened my door for me, "Did you think I was gonna let you get out yourself?" he asked.

Oh yeah, I forgot this was a date.

I couldn't seem to gather any words together, so in result I just sort of laughed awkwardly towards the ground. I couldn't make eye contact with him; he seemed too confident. I felt how sweaty my palms were, so quickly I rubbed them against my skirt, before we started walking. Yet again, before going in he politely opened the door for me, "Thanks," I said. That time I had prepared myself, yet I still felt odd. 

"Why are you so nervous, Claire?" he asked coming beside me, putting his arm around my waist, "It's odd you know, you've never been this jittery and shy with me before."

I didn't know what emotion to feel when I made eye contact with him. He had a smug look on his face, like he was extremely satisfied with my embarrassment, "I'm not nervous." He tilted his head slightly, making a face indicating that he and I both knew I was a liar, "Oh shut up, you ass," I teased nudging him.