Chapter 16;

I couldn't see. Where was I? There was nothing but pitch black, and silence, "Hello?" I shouted moving my body. It almost felt weightless;taking a few steps. I couldn't see my legs, my arms, anything.

I suddenly heard a loud slam, a heavy creek of what sounded like a metal door. The light radiating from the small section open was more of a white, and seemed very artificial in comparison of natural sunlight. I heard tapping, and soon the figure of a woman made its way to the door, standing stiffly. I put my hands up to my face, cupping them, squinting, hoping to get a clearer view, but the door was too far away; it seemed miles away. She stood there staring at me, giving me plenty of time to observe what I could see of her. Though her figure was mostly black, she had long legs, and was intensely skinny. From the way one of her feet were arched, I could tell she was wearing heels. Her shoulders were dimly lit, causing shadows to dip into her deep collarbones. Soon though, she started walking in my direction, "Claire," she stated in a tone I couldn't quite describe. Was it angry, maybe sad? But with all the emotion in it, it somehow came off so calm, so light, so free. I didn't respond, not that I could. I was at a loss for words, yet to the same extent I had such a tranquil feeling in the pit of my stomach, but in the back of my mind I had some odd realization, a realization, that I should be scared, almost terrified. I didn't know where I was, and I was in a dark room, with a complete stranger walking towards me. Why wasn't I horrified? As the women came closer, I soon found who she was. With every step a new feature was highlighted, and I then realized it was Jade. Maybe that's why I wasn't scared. I let out almost a breath of relief as a dim light began flashing leisurely behind me, until I saw her face in front of me. Her dark mascara trickled down her cheeks, smeared around her beautiful brown eyes, and there was a noticeable exhausted stature spread on her face. Also, there was a heavy look of sickness dispersed all over her body, worse than hours ago, when I had seen her. She was wearing a tattered black tank-top, and dark skinny jeans, spotted with some odd liquid. Her mouth was opened only slightly as she began speaking, "Why did you leave?" she asked as her voice gave off an odd raspy cracking.

The emotion on my face was unresponsive for a moment, until I began speaking, "Was it a mistake?" I asked curtly, almost obnoxiously.

She smirked almost evilly, "Well that's what you are," she paused letting out a exasperated laugh, "A mistake," I looked at her odd standing position as he let out another chuckle, as if she was struggling to hold back her slight laughter, "You betrayed me, right?" she asked blankly, suddenly looking quite irritated, "You left me," she paused, "And, not only that, but if it wasn't for you, Niall'd still be alive too, right?" she asked exaggerating the word you. It was true, that to a certain extent I had hated myself for his death, because it was my fault. I should've never met him, because if I wouldn't have, we would've never gone to dinner that night, and if we would have never gone to dinner that night, we wouldn't have wrecked, and without the wreck there'd still be a Niall. I regretted it all, and the day we met, knowing all I know now, I would've never accepted his offer for a date when he did. I would trade the months and months we dated for his entire life, "Right Claire," I looked to the floor, "That's why you can't respond. That's what you're thinking. If he would've chose someone else, he'd be alive right now," I remained silent, "Not only that, but even your parents completely resent you," she laughed, "Oh, but I figure everyone does, don't they?" I tried looking into her eyes, but I couldn't do it, "You guys talk about once, every, hmm, 5 months, maybe?" she asked, "The only relative that really talks to you is your Aunt, and you lived with her for what two years?" she questioned.

"My mom was sick, Jade," I said, "My dad couldn't have me around," I replied, denying her accusation.

"But they're not sick now are they?" she asked, "Neither one of them."

"So," I snapped.

"Is it you pushing them away, or is it them pushing you away?" she asked, "Because, maybe they are pushing you away," I couldn't reply, because there was no explanation, or rational answer to anything she was saying to me, because maybe she was right. She put her left hand on my shoulder, turning me around. I hadn't realized where the light was coming from, or why it was flashing, but it turns out it was a massive, absolutely huge, screen behind me. It was playing a bunch of old clips, like of me and Niall, or me and my parents. It seemed to project everyone I had loved, or any memory I had cherished, putting a sorrowful feeling in my stomach. Unexpectedly, noise began flooding my ears. It was so loud, loud almost to a point that seemed unreal. But unlike when things were usually loud, it was clear, and there wasn't a buzzing, or any odd trait to it, and it was tolerable. The voices sounded real, as if I was standing in the middle of the scenes, like they were happening right now. I heard Niall's laugh, I saw my mom's smile, and the more and more the clips played, the faster they began going. They went faster and faster, until it showed one where I was alone, all alone, and I understood it perfectly. It was showing me how I was now; all alone. I have lost everything. I really had no one.

I turned around facing Jade who was still behind me, "Alright, I get it," I spat, "You've made your point clear."

She put her hand on my wrist turning me back around, where on the screen now was how my face looked at the moment, "Look at yourself," she paused, "You look so tired," she said sympathetically, "Wouldn't you just love for all that to just be gone, and done with? Aren't you tired of it? Being so, tired?" she asked, "Wouldn't life be so easy if you weren't here," she said putting her hand on my shoulder, turning me around to face her, "Because just face it, you are nothing but a big mistake, Claire," she yelled, her tone changing drastically, "Absolutely nothing, but a mistake," she said as I watched her hands come up to my neck. Her cold fingers, her cold hands, gripped my throat, squeezing it until I was at loss for air. She began taking her strength, pushing it downward. I tried to keep my knees locked, but they soon collapsed, and I then felt my feet go through the floor. It cracked like wood, and looking down I could see nothing but white. Where did this lead? So this is how I was going to die. But then I realized this isn't how anyone died. This wasn't real, right? This wasn't real. I couldn't be real. Could it?

To be continued...

__________________

This is a bit short, unfortunately. Anyway, thank you for reading!  :)