Chapter 17;

Her face was so joyful. She was laughing, as her hands gripped my neck, bruising it purple with her fingers. I hadn't noticed I was barefooted until I was choking for air, trying to use them as my last resource. I screamed once, but it didn't last long before my foot lost all grip on the cracking floor, and I fell. I went down taking a heavy breath, opening my eyes wide as I fell faster and faster down through what surprisingly was nothing but white. Looking above me, even scrambling to understand what was going on, I still saw nothing but white. I screamed, of course, expecting death, but I began feeling dizzy, and soon everything was black, and I had no sight at all. This only lasted briefly, less than thirty seconds, and some odd rippling began, until I found myself on the floor of my bathroom. It was dimly lit with only a few candles, and softly playing in the background was a radio in the corner. I was too disoriented to comprehend anything, until I directed my vision over to the bathtub. Sitting within it was Niall, and I. My head was leaned back onto his shoulder. My eyes were closed, and oddly I sensed an odd anger within the two of us. I heard water fall onto the cold tile floor as my hand dipped out of the tub, causing chills to visibly travel up my left arm, "Are you sure about this?" I asked taking in a deep sigh, forcing my chest to go up, and fall back down.

There was no real response from Niall as I saw his hand shakily rise, and his lips went towards my ear, "Remember me." I nodded as his hand dipped into the water, making curious to where exactly it was going. I stood up tip-toeing to the tub; as if they noticed I was here at all. Maybe they did. I lunged my head forward over the water, which itself was oddly foggy to the point that I was prevented from seeing my own limbs through it. The only thing that was visible was the tips of Niall's toes, until the water unexpectedly began draining slowly. I watched it sink down, going down lower and lower until it stopped exactly at the end of my hipbones. Niall held a blade in his hands, not moving it yet, almost as if he was preparing. After far too long had passed, he finally brought it up to my hips inserting it in my skin. I wanted so badly to escape wherever it was that I was trapped, forcing me to run over to the door. I yanked on it repeatedly, only hoping it would open but no matter how many times I shook on the knob, it refused to let me escape. Hesitantly, I looked over to the tub again, where Niall had his head leaned upon my right shoulder, humming to the song that had came onto the radio. My back was arched in pure pain, my eyes clenched closed tightly; excruciatingly. I didn't want to see this, especially knowing it was so unrealistic. Unrealistic? I questioned myself, If it's so unrealistic, why are you living it? It was then I began wondering what this was actually. Well, if it was so unrealistic, why was I living it? Maybe this was an odd reality I had fallen in. But, no matter how many times, over and over, I repeated that in my head, it simply sounded far too insane to be believable. Maybe that was it; maybe I was insane. Maybe I had finally cracked. When was I going to be taken away? I wondered what I was actually doing right now; what my body was doing on the outside while my mind thought up some alternate reality. I walked back over to the bathtub looking over it, where Niall had finally gotten a shape carved into my side. After observing it through the blood, I found that it was nothing but a heart; a massive heart. The bathwater was now a light misty scarlet. I felt a single tear fall, but even through my terror, I was having trouble feeling emotion, which I found so odd. I stood there quietly, only for a moment before both Niall, and myself's head flicked over looking at me directly in the eyes. It was so strange, how thrilled they looked, yet how fake, and emotionless they looked in their eyes. They were like dolls, stiff suddenly, and no soul what so ever in the face. Smiling so joyfully, Niall's hand raised up to the edge of my loose purple shirt, rising up the side. I looked down from his touch, finding that the heart was dry and scarred pink onto my side also. It was like while watching this event, I was living it without knowing it, or it had happened, but I hadn't known it. He moved his hand away, now, only because I was holding the shirt by myself, mystified. I looked over to them again, finding they were no longer looking at me. Both their heads were directed in the same way; straight forward, looking down. No longer were they happy either, they had suddenly turned sorrowful quickly, abruptly.