Chapter n°2

"Everyone's here so let's start the meeting. We would like to welcome new prefects, I hope you all do a good job in the upcoming school year." The Head Boy Kim Doyoung starts speaking not waiting for Adalene to take her place. The Slytherin prefect breaks the eye contact as Jaemin pulls her down making her sit next to him.
"Pull yourself together, York." The male whispers to her as he keeps his gaze on the Head Boy who was going on about their prefect duties. Adalene finally switches her attention to Doyoung breaking the intense eye contact. Although she tries to keep a straight face, her heart is still beating a little faster than usual after the sudden encounter of her nemesis.

Huang Renjun. Ravenclaw top student after Kim Doyoung, naturally he became prefect this year. For some reason the ravenette seems to have hated Adalene since the first time they met. Starting innocently with unpleasant glares switching to sarcastic remarks towards the female after months and always competing with her for academic results and recognition. Adalene never found out the real reason why does the male seem to hate her so much, true that she didn't actually try to find out the source of his negative feelings. Naturally Adalene couldn't stand him by now as he finds a way to make her feel miserable each time they encounter. Jaemin knows about this hate-based relationship between the two students trying not to get between them mostly because they share few friends from other houses.

"As a prefect, you have the right to deduct points from students. The duty of the new prefects will mainly be patrolling after curfew and supervising new students. The older prefects will supervise the organising of school events and communicate with us" pointing at himself and the Hufflepuff Head Girl standing next to him, "and the professors." Doyoung continues with his speech looking at his notes from time to time. Adalene could sense a pair of dark eyes piercing into the side of her head, making her want to Stupefy spell the source of the uncomfortable stare. She turns her head a little to meet the eyes of the Ravenclaw student again. Her heart starts beating faster again making her cheeks fill with heat.
"Go to hell." She mouths at Renjun slowly with blank expression trying not to seem too disturbed and valnurable under his gaze. The male finally averts his eyes allowing her to take a look at his side profile. He looks like a sculpure as his skin a and hair glow under the sunbeams. Adalene forces herself to look away before her cheeks could turn pink or anyone could notice her staring at Huang Renjun.

-//-//-//-

"Guess who we met a while ago." Adalene's playful voice and the little shove she gave to Donghyuck make him wake up from his nap. He rubs his eyes yawning, making Jaemin frown a little as he sits down next to him.
"Cover your mouth, will you?" The blond mumbles and leans on the leather seat comfortably.
"Okay, since you say it like that, it won't be someone I would want to see." Haechan goes through his dark brown hair pushing it back revealing his forehead. Adalene shruggs innocently playing with strand of her blond hair.
"Your favorites. Mark Lee and Kim Doyoung." The girl chuckles over Haechan's reaction as he groans and closes his eyes covering them with forearm. The male loves to tease the mentioned duo with great passion. Doyoung mostly because he is a huge smarty-pants and Haechan's teasing consists of making Doyoung's Head Boy job a lot harder by many pranks. Mark on the other hand is the captain and seeker of the Gryffindor quidditch team, making him an enemy of Haechan as he plays the beater position for Slytherin team. Not to mention that Mark is stupidly good at everything, naturally irritating Donghyuck by that. The two of them ended up in real fights few times already because Mark would be always fed up with Haechan's mockings.

"Hey, don't you dare making our job harder this year." Jaemin looks Haechan up and down making his friend grin at him.
"You know how I hate swots and try-hards, I can't help myself." He replies casually shrugging earning a punch on shoulder from Jaemin. Adalene giggles a little.
"Hey, Jaemin. How was summer?" A new voice joins them by their table making the trio look up. It's a boy from their year, not anyone who would chat with Jaemin daily. Jaemin however like the school idol he is, smiles and gets up, handshaking the boy and starting a conversation with him. The boy leads Jaemin over to his group of friends, everyone eagerly trying to impress Jaemin with their interesting stories. The students laugh together keeping Jaemin there for the rest of the ride.
What a pain. Adalene closes her eyes trying not to be jealous of her prefect partner for being so popular among students. After all this years at Hogwarts she still couldn't get used to be in the shade of his likeable personality.