Chapter n°4

It has been a month and half since the school year started. Leaves on trees outside had turned red, orange and yellow creating a beautiful landscape scenery. Adalene walks to her first period of the day in the classroom 3C with a sign that says Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom. No cursing allowed. She opens the heavy wooden door to find out majority of her classmates are already present.
"Couldn't you two wait for me?" She snarls at her two best friends who are already sitting next to each other at a desk. They turn their bodies back to look at her as she sits down behind them.
"We thought you left already." Donghyuck leans chin on his hand as he leans elbow on Adalene's desk. She only narrows her eyes at him while taking out books and notebooks.
"Since when are you late, York?" Jaemin adds with a smirk looking at her as well.
"I'm not late. Quirrell's not here yet." She snaps at the blond male obviously irritated.
"Woah, calm down." Jaemin snorts annoyed at her attitude.
"Sorry. I just couldn't find Crooktail in the morning although she slept with me." Adalene pouts a little thinking about the castle brown cat who comes and goes whenever she feels like it.
"You sleep with that cat?" Donghyuck can't hide his displeased face with a crouched nose.
"She is cute. And she likes me." Adalene runs fingers through her fluffy hair taking it from her face. Jaemin just scoffs.
"Yeah, su-"
"Take a seat, Hu-Huang." Professor Quirrell's voice startles most of the students as noone noticed him arriving to class. Adalene turns around to look at the professor. Quirrell stands behind a certain Ravenclaw student, waiting for him to take a seat. Huang Renjun blocks the aisle by standing between the desk rows while looking at the only free spot in the classroom. Next to Adalene. As the girl realizes her misfortune she turn back facing Jaemin and Donghyuck who seem to realize as well.
Dear Merlin, how could this happen. Her two friends meet her eyes with a pitying look before turning themselves to face the board. She takes a deep breath when Renjun drops at the seat next to her. Professor Quirrell makes his way to the teacher's desk putting down some thick books.
"Another theory lesson." Adalene groans unintentionally with a whisper making Renjun sitting next to her shoot a warning glare at her. Jaemin turns back on his seat.
"We should really do something about this. We can't learn spells at all this way." He whispers to Adalene with a dedication in his eyes. She looks at her friend with a nod. Donghyuck turns to face her as well leaning his head lower to whisper.
"Guys, we should-"
"All of you, shut up!" Renjun hisses at the trio who are leaning their heads together earning their attention. Professor Quirrell has started a lecture about Pixies, mischievous little beasts, in the meantime.
"Hey Huang, it's really not nice to see you." Donghyuck smirks at the ravenette ironically.
"I'm surrounded by Slytherins." Renjun mumbles for himself with a slight disgust in voice making Haechan grin at him.
"Try to be nice now, we are stuck here for the rest of this boring lesson." Adalene whispers towards Donghyuck hoping Renjun would listen as well.
"What made you come late anyway?" Jaemin watches the Ravenclaw who started to take notes.
"Don't tell me you two were together!" Haechan gasps dramatically switching his look between Adalene and Renjun. They both shoot their gazes at the brunette burning a hole with their eyes in his head. Haechan giggles silently nudging Jaemin's arm. The blond male only wiggles his eyebrows.
"Shut up, Lee. Wouldn't want to make Jaemin jealous." Renjun mutters and goes back to taking notes.
"Oh please." Jaemin and Adalene exclaim quietly in unison which makes Renjun lift corners of his lips a little. He quickly goes to his blank expression hoping that noone noticed.

The rest of the class went in silence between the four students. Adalene decided to take notes as well because she still wanted to do better than Renjun and Jaemin on the exams.
"Anyone could tell me, w-where could we f-find Pixies?" Professor Quirrell looks around class. Adalene puts her arm up.
"Mister Huang." Renjun puts his arm down and clears throat.
"Mostly in Cornwall, England. They create nests and live in a swarm." He replies with confident voice. Adalene frowns a little shooting a displeased glare at the male next to her. He notices and smirks without properly looking at her.
"Very well, fi-five points to Ra-ravenclaw." Adalene only rolls her eyes. Such an annoying nerd.
As she watches the professor and takes notes in turns she can't help herself but to notice a calming smell coming from Renjun. He smells like black tea, cinnamon and warm autumn. Renjun's scent makes Adalene smile a little.
"What's so funny." His low voice startles her a little making her quill spill an ink blot on the parchment.
"Are you secretly watching me, Huang? That's creepy." She whispers back taking a glance at the male next to her. He keeps his eyes on his notes with raven hair falling into his sight.
"You are distracting me." He replies quietly and pauses as soon as he realizes how that sounds. His dark blue eyes with silver tones meet hers. Adalene can't help but to feel blood rush into her cheeks. She looks away quickly trying to seem busy with her notes taking letting her blond hair fall into her face so Renjun won't see her cheeks turning pink.