Chapter n°16

Adalene enters her bedroom a little tired from all the preparations for the ball. Yet she herself was not ready at all. The other girls are chatting excitedly dressing in their gowns and doing their makeup and hair.
"Adalene! How does the Great Hall look?" One of the roommates beams at her already wearing her dress. Adalene smiles back as she sits on her bed.
"It's truly like a winter fairy tale, you should be excited." The other girls squeal and return to their activities. The Slytherin prefect yawns a little not really in the mood for the ball after her and Renjun's encounter. Besides it seems he really won't be coming.

But I'm Jaemin's date so I have to look good for him. With that thought she sits at her little table to start with her makeup and hairstyle. For makeup she goes for a natural look, nothing too flashy or outstanding. A little bit of glittery highlighter and pink blush, finishing with a gentle touch of light pink lip gloss.
After taking a satisfied look at her makeup she moves onto hair. The girl brushes slowly through her fair curls which reach to her waist. Taking two slim strands of hair she ties them back with a light blue lace ribbon creating a bow. As the front hair which usually frame her face are now tied back, her collarbones and long neck show on display.
With a soft smile she gets up. Her roommates are already gone, probably joining their dates and heading to the ball already. Adalene walks to her bed to look at her dress hanging from the dark green canopy. Her fingers brush against the delicate fabric.

(The dress)-//-//-//-

(The dress)
-//-//-//-

Adalene's steps echo around because of her heels. She walks up the stairs from the Dungeons holding the skirt up so she doesn't trip over. As she passes other students preparing for the evening she can feel their gazes on her. The Slytherin turns the corner to stand at the top of the staircase leading to the Great Hall. Students are gathered in small groups in front of the grand door while others stream inside with their partners. Her eyes switch from student to student looking for someone particular. Adalene smiles lightly as her sight falls upon the blond Slytherin prefect now dressed up in a classical yet modern black robe. The male stands in a group surrounded by the other boys. They look cheerful as they talk and laugh together. Chenle throws his head back as he laughs at something Donghyuck said. When the younger Hufflepuff opens his eyes again he notices Adalene standing at the top of the stairs. He blinks few times before nudging Jaemin's shoulder to gain his attention.

Jaemin's smile fades away as his eyes meets Adalene's. The girl keeps a slight smile on her face as she holds her dress carefully and begins descending the stairs. The other boys keep their sights at her as well. Jaemin walks forward to offer his hand to Adalene. The blonde's hand slides into his and follows him to the group. She catches up with his step and wraps her arm around his.
"You look great, York." Jaemin leans to her ear to whisper.
"Woah, Ada. You really look like a princess." Chenle breathes out. His straight orange hair are neatly combed and parted to frame his face.
"You look handsome yourself, Chenle." Adalene smiles at the boy earning a grin from him.
"As expected." Donghyuck standing next to the boy smirks a little.
"You all look great." Adalene adds taking a proper look at every one of them. Mark and Jeno have their hair pushed back of their foreheads while Jisung looks like he hasn't even bothered brushing his. Still he looks good in his robe as he is also the tallest among their friends.