Fifteen

Travis

Monday finally rolled around and me, Larry, Todd, and Sal were walking to school together since we all live in the apartments. And because they knew I didn't want to pass my house alone. Larry nudged me. "We're getting close to your old man's house." I slowly nod. He wraps his arm around me(friend wise) and chuckles. "You'll be fine Travis. He won't do anything with 3 other people with you. Besides he knows me, and he hates my guts." I slightly chuckle. "Yeah.. I know." He moves his arm and pats me on the head. Sal giggles. Todd rolls his eyes. "So, Sal and Travis, you guys a thing?" Larry laughs since he asked that last night. "Yeah." Todd nods and Larry continues to talk with everyone.

It was last period before lunch with Mrs. Packerton. I hate this bitch. I sit down in my usual spot and so does sal. She looks up at me. "Travis Phelps, your father is worried sick about where you've gone! Why would you leave your home?!" Right.. She goes to the dumb church. "Fuck you wanna know?!" I roll my eyes and I hear Sal giggle. "Travis! No cursing in my classroom! Your father is worried sick about you! You just up and left your family!!" This bitch is getting on my nerves. "WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO PRY INTO MY BUSINESS?!" People were in the classroom by now. Watching us, I could care less. "Travis Phelps! If you don't answer my question and continue to avoid it and YELL in MY classroom you can go to the principals office!" I had enough and quickly stood from my seat. "WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IT'S OKAY TO ASK ME A QUESTION I DON'T WANT TO ANSWER?!" Her eyes went wide and she just stared at me. "YOU HAVE NO REASON TO PRY INTO MY LIFE WHEN I COULDN'T GIVE TWO FUCKS ABOUT YOU!" Some people had their phones out and were recording. She was about to speak but I cut her off. "No! You try and ask me a question I'm obviously NOT comfortable with answering and you get mad at ME for not answering it! It's not even SCHOOL related." I stared right at her. She stared at me in disbelief. I grabbed my bag and flipped her off and walked out of the classroom. Fuck her. Fuck father. Fuck everyone. I stomped out of the school and walked to the bleachers. I sat down and leaned my head on the one behind me. I didn't realize I was crying. I couldn't stop crying. I didn't want to cry. What is wrong with me? I look up at the sky realizing it's about to rain. "Great.." I grumble. I sit up and I also realize someone is next to me. I quickly stop crying and I turn my head. I almost had a heart attack and I fell off the bleachers. "Shit! Sorry Travis." It was just Larry. I rubbed the back of my head and chuckled. "It's fine. Being scared by you is better than fighting with Mrs. Packerton." Larry laughs. "Tell me about it." I sat back on the bleachers and me and Larry talked for the rest of the day.