Eighteen

I heard the front door open and mother say. "Honey! I'm home dear!" I quickly crawled to the corner. I put my knees against my chest when I heard footsteps behind my door. The door slowly opened and I saw mother peak in the room. "Travis?! Oh my goodness son!" She quickly walked over to me and sat down then reached to put her hand on my face but I swatted her hand away. "Travis?.. What happened?" I just rolled my eyes and looked away from her. "Well.. You're going to school tomorrow.. Your father talked to the principal and let you go back early." She gently smiled. "Okay.." She sighed and got up. "Your father said your not hungry.. Let me know if your hungry later.. Okay dear?" I just nod my head and she walks out and locks the door behind her. I walk over to my bed and slowly lay down on my bed. My whole body hurts everywhere. I don't even bother to move to get under the covers I just slowly fall asleep. I just want it to be tomorrow...

"Travis! You slept in!" Father quickly slapped my across the face. I darted awake and sighed. "Sorry father! I-I promise it won't happen again!" He rolls his eyes and walks out. I grab my clothes and put them on. Then I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I quickly walk downstairs and put my bag over my shoulder. I say goodbye to father and mother and leave. I quickly walk to school and walk in the building. I walk into the classroom and sit down. I didn't have 1st period with Sal.

It was lunch and I sat down where I used to sit months ago. I kept my head down pretty much the whole day. Unless a teacher called on me. I've been ignoring Sal all day too. I don't want to, but I don't want him to get involved. I didn't realize I was shaking until Philip said something. "Dude? You alright?" I quickly nod. "I uh.. I need to use the restroom. See ya Philip." He nods and I grab my tray and throw it away. I keep my head down while walking past Sal and his friends while leaving the cafeteria. I walk into the bathroom and into a stall. I lock the stall door and sit on the toilet. I quickly start crying. I hear the door open and I quickly stop. "Travis?.."

Sal.