Seventeen

"Sal?!" I quickly woke up to see Travis by my side. He must've jolted me awake. I remembered I was having a nightmare. I was sweaty and tears were dried to my face. "Huh? Sorry if I woke you Travis..." He looked at me, just completely concerned. "It's fine sal.. Did you have a nightmare?" I nod and he sighs. He leans back on my headboard and looks at me. I slowly move to rest against his body. "Want to talk about it?" Travis gently wraps his arm around me and rubs my back. I get comfy on the side of his body and slowly nod. I told Travis my nightmare and he kisses the top of my head. "Well, you're okay now. It's 1 so you should get some more sleep." He puts his hand on my head and gently plays with my hair. I move slowly and put my head on his lap. I put my hands in front of my chest getting comfortable. Travis chuckles and continues to mess with my hair as I drift back to sleep...

Travis

I watch as sal peacefully sleeps while I play with his hair. I quietly whisper, "Don't ever leave me.." I kiss him on his head and lean my head back against the wall. It was uncomfortable but I'm tired and Sal is comfortable. I have a weird.. Bad feeling about today..

Larry, Todd, Sal, and I were currently walking to school. I probably should be suspended but since I ditched half the day I wouldn't know. We walked into the building and to the lockers. I froze at who I saw..

"Son."

..."F-Father."

Todd, Larry, and Sal also froze next to me. "Where have you been?" I take a deep shaky breath and look up at him. "I.. Uh..-" He grabs me by the arm. "We're going home. Son." I instantly start to shake. " F-Father what about school?-" he stops walking to look at me. "You got suspended." I looked back at my friends. Terror in my eyes. They knew they had no say in what was happening. I didn't either.

Right when we got to the door he quickly opened it and threw me in the room. I got up quickly and he just knocked me down again. "YOU LEFT THIS FAMILY FOR WEEKS! THEN YOU YELL AT YOUR TEACHER FOR TRYING TO CARE FOR YOU?! THEN YOU DITCH SCHOOL?! YOU'RE SUCH A MISTAKE TRAVIS PHELPS! You aren't. My son." I got up again and he punched me to the floor. My whole body ached and hurt. "Cmon Travis! Get the hell up!" I struggled to get up but he knocked me down when I was on my knees. He then kicked me in the stomach. "You're weak. Useless. A mistake." Tears were quickly falling down my face. He kicked me in the stomach one more time and grabbed me by my shirt collar. "You will learn by not coming out of your room and no food for the whole day." He threw me in my room and locked the door. Then I let it all out. I started to cry. For hours.