Nineteen

"Travis?.."

He walks over to my stall and slides down and sits on the other side. "Why are you ignoring me?.." I start to cry. "I-.. I don't want to!.. I just.. I don't want you to get involved.." I hear Sal sigh. "Travis.. I want to protect you.. I want to get involved.. To help you." I start to cry more. "S-Sal.. He hurt me.. My body hurts so bad. He starved me.. Mother doesn't even care about how much pain I'm in!.." I put my face in my hand and start to sob. "Travis.. Don't cry.." "How can I not cry Sal?! I have fucking bruises everywhere!!" I hear Sal sigh. "Sorry.. Can I come in?" I slowly get up and unlock the stall. He walks in and locks it behind him. He slowly unbuckles his bottom strap and leans in then gently kisses me. He then pulls away. I quickly hug him. "Please.. Don't ever leave me Sal.." He hugs me back and nods. "I love you so much Travis. I would never, ever leave you." I start to cry again and I put my face in his shoulder. He giggles and rubs my back. I slightly feel better and stop crying. I slightly flinched when he rubbed over a bruise. "Sorry." After that he wouldn't rub over it. Then the bell rang. "Schools half way over now.." I sigh and we both walk out of the stall. "I'm sorry darling."

Sal

I walk out the bathroom and watch Travis go to class. I told Larry and ash to meet me at the bleachers. I walk out of school and to them. "What'd you need sal?" I pulled my phone out and clicked on a video. "S-Sal.. He hurt me.. My body hurts so bad. He starved me.. Mother doesn't even care about how much pain I'm in!.." I paused the video after that. Larry and ash just looked at me in shock. It obviously sounded like Travis. It's the evidence I need. "Holy shit. Is that proof?" I nod. "We'll help you little buddy." Larry smiles at me trying to make me feel a bit better. Ash nods in agreement. "To the police station?" They nod. "To the police station."

We finally make it to the police station and it was the end of the day by now.. Hold on Travis.. We'll get you help. We walk to the desk and a officer looks at us. "Yes?" She looks kind. "We want you to arrest someone for abusing his son, and maybe wife." Larry looks at her. "Alright. And who is that?" I look up at her. "Kenneth Phelps." Some officers looked at us when they were passing by. "The priest? Do you have proof?" I pull out my phone and play the video. She nods. "It does sound like Travis. Are you positive he's talking about his father?" I nod. "Yes. I talked with him today. That's when I recorded our conversation. The bruises were from last night. They'll still all be on Travis' body. Maybe more." She nods. "Alright. I'll send two officers to go to the Phelps' house. Would you like to ride along?" I look at ash and Larry. Ash says, "Why not?" She nods and gets up. "Follow me." We walk over to two officers. "Officer Johnson and officer Carter, these young folks want to ride along to the Phelps' home. They claim Kenneth is abusing his son." The nod. "Alright, you go proof kid?" I nod. They get up and we follow them. Here we go.