04

|| I AM JEALOUS ||CHAPTER 04

|| I AM JEALOUS ||
CHAPTER 04

IT WAS RATHER LATE AS THE familiar friend-group were hanging out in the common-room.
They did it every evening until late in the night, enjoying their alone time together and whenever they didn't need to put on their 'pureblood' masks.

Evan Rosier was the first one to notice the tension between his two best friends, Adrianna and Regulus.
While the blond girl was reading her book in the armchair, was the Black heir staring at her from the loveseat.
They always sat together on the loveseat, that was their thing since first year and now she sat alone.

Barty, Caius and Evan looked from Adrianna to Regulus.
Adrianna looked for once in her life like a cold-hearted bitch with a emotionless look on her face.
Then there was Regulus who looked at the blonde with a sad and regretful gaze.
To put it in words, he looked like a sad and kicked puppy.

"Salazar, this fight is going on long enough.", Caius exclaimed loudly and pointed his finger at the two fighting friends,"Talk to each other, you idiots."

Adrianna huffed at him and said,"I don't have anything to say to Regulus.", which made said boy's face saddened.
She never calls him by his name.

"I am sorry, Ria.", the brunette boy whined, but it went ignored again, making his face go red.
They never went a day without talking or writing to each other.

"You will fucking talk now, I don't care if you don't want to Ana.", Evan demanded and stood up along with Caius and Barty.

"Good night peasants.", Barty nodded at the two remaining people and left with Evan and Caius.

There was a defeating silence as the two didn't know what to say to each other.
Well, Adrianna didn't want to talk to him and Regulus didn't know how to make it better.
Regulus took in her entire demeanor while she was reading her book.

Her forehead was set into a deep frown, her lips were pouty as her tongue was sticking out of it a little and her cheeks were tinged with a weak pink.
The first two buttons of her white blouse were unbuttoned and a part of her cleavage was clearly seen.
Her green skirt has ridden up since her legs were crossed over each other's and it showed of her tanned, long legs.

The Black heir cleared his throat at his inappropriate thoughts and repositioned himself.
Many ideas popped into his head and he closed his eyes for a moment.

A deep sigh left his lips as he stood up and walked over the girl with hesitant steps.
He knew he hurt her deeply with what he did, because if there is one thing that Adrianna Athena Saint-Laurent hates, than it is being controlled.
She is already getting controlled at home and doesn't need it at school also.
Especially not by her best friend.

Regulus Arcturus Black was taught to never bow to anyone, to not show the person that they are more worthy, but he always bend rules for one specific person.

The brunette boy went on the ground in front of her, on his knees.
He looked up at the girl and saw her struggling to keep her face straight.
The boy took the book out of her hands and left it on the ground.

"I am so, sorry, Ana. I don't know what came over me.", he said to her in a low tone.

Adrianna, who sighed, locked eyes with him and frowned just a little bit, while biting her lip weakly.
"It's just—I can't understand you."

Regulus shuffled closer and questioned,"Tell me what? I—I change it."

"Why would you want to stop boys to go out with me? It was okay at first, but now you let your anger out on me.", the blonde girl sighed and placed her hand on her left wrist.

Regulus who took notice of this action, frowned deeply and reached out for her sleeve.
He searched for approval and received a simple nod.
Regulus took a deep breath, the confused boy lifted up her sleeve and his eyes widened widely.
A dark bruise was placed on her wrist in a shape of a fucking hand, 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥.
Shivers went down his back as he took in that he left a bruise on her.

"It's okay, you know? It's just getting out of hand, Reggie. I accepted it that you were mean to these boys, even though I don't know why.
But I know that I  won't let you control me.", Adrianna explained, but Regulus' horrified expression didn't falter.

"I—I hurt you.", he stated and Merlin, he never felt so disgusting with himself before.
He hurt the only person, who is always there for him, who accepts his flaws and who loves him unconditionally, even if it's platonic.
And as pathetic as it sounds, he had a big lump in his throat and felt like crying.

"Look, I don't want you to feel guilty, because I know that you have some—anger issues, Reggie.", she tried to calm him down and took his hands in her own.

"But I should never hurt you, darling.", he complained and let down his head on her lap.

The blonde girl sighed, combing through his hands with her hand and asked in a soothing tone," Can you at least tell me why you don't like me around boys?"

The Black hummed in approval, his eyes closed as he felt content with the girls hand in his hair and admitted,"I am jealous."

Adrianna stopped for a moment, confused at his confession and replied," You are my best friend, Reggie. I would never replace you with anyone, even with a boyfriend or a date."

Regulus wanted to yell that he likes her in another way, that she makes him feel like on the top of the world, that he 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 her.
But he knew she wasn't ready for that, so he just nodded, his head rising to look at her.

"I promise you that I will never grab you like that again, but I can't promise to not get mad. My promise is, that I will get there. I have triggers to break and make neutral. I can do it. I do that kind of thing all the time. It takes a few mess ups to learn what they are and how to short circuit my head for the better. I'm a pro at it though and you are worth the effort, love.", Regulus promised her and only Salazar knew that he wasn't lying about one word.

Adrianna smiled at him softly and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯-𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮.