15

A SHATTERING OF AN GLASS WAS heard, breaking the silence of the Saint-Laurent manor

Red liquid flowed down the white carpet, both deep red and yet so different.

Out of shock, the Black heir let a glass filled with red wine slip of his hands as he stared at the blood flowing down his girlfriend's body.
His lips wobbled as he sprang to action.
He stepped forward Adriana, taking her face in his hands.

"W—what happened?", he questioned, his voice drowned in worry and concern the more he stared at her.
The girl simply stared at him as she flinched when Regulus grip grew tighter.
"Adriana tell me that fucking happened."

The blonde stared at him, her usually bright eyes—dimmed and filled with sorrow, heartbreak and pain.
She looked at the boy in front of her, the boy she so much loved.
The boy she would give her life for, she would die for him—there was no denying.
The love she felt for him consumed her as it always and slowly, but surely, tears began to flow down her bruised cheeks.

"My darling.", Regulus whispered, whipping her eyes dry as she continued to stare at him.
"Don't cry. Tell me what happened, baby."

"I joined.", her cracking voice stopped his movements,"We were on a mission and there were too many."
His hands fell from her face as he stepped back, looking at the floor.
"I am so sorry, I—"

"Why would you do that?", his voice broke as he stared at her, betrayal shining in his grey eyes.
"Why would you do that Adriana?"

The girl found no words and simply stared at him.
The boy sighed, taking his wand and began to heal the girl everywhere, whispering small spells.
He left and returned with a damp cloth, wiping away the blood and mud on her face.

"Take a bath, we will talk after that.", he ordered and left the room, leaving behind the girl staring at him.

AFTER TAKING HER BATH, SHE
entered her bedroom, seeing Regulus sitting on the bed, looking at his lap.
Sensing her presence, he tensed, but didn't dare to say anything.
Silence filled the pair as she approached him slowly.
She sat next to him and took his hand in her own, squeezing it.
Not knowing how he would react, she left out a sigh of relief at him squeezing it back.

"Why would you do that, my love?", he asked quietly, his hand shaking slightly.
"It is my duty to protect you and you took that away from me."

Opening her mouth to talk, she was interrupted as Regulus turned to her abruptly,"I would join that lunatic if it means protection you, Ana. I would die by his side if it means you are safe."

Tears clouded her sight as she swallowed down the lump in her throat,"I feel the same, Reg, that's why I did it."

"You had no right.", he whispered harshly,"You give away your life for mine. That is something I will and can not accept, Adriana."
He took her chin in his hand, looking directly into her eyes,"I am going to join him as I planned, if I can not protect you from joining, than I can protect you in these pathetic missions."

Shaking her head, the blonde responded,"You won't."

"Fucking watch me. It is both of us or no one. You die, I die. You fight, I fight."

He stood up and left the room, leaving a concerned Adriana behind.