06

|| DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ||
CHAPTER 06

IT WAS RATHER LATE AND the Slytherin common-room was nearly empty

The fireplace brought a dancing glow of light green.
Peaceful is the word that people would describe the common-room in this exact moment.
There were two remaining people, the girl was still in a deep slumber for hours and the boy was in his own thoughts, with a girl curled up on his lap.

He thought about his task about the sleeping girl, he thought about the war that was brewing outside of the castle.
And he especially thought about the silence that was lied upon the room.

Whatever can silence be? For is there
not always the sound of your own
heart? Just as with whiteness there
is light, and blackness is a canvass
for dreams; if there is a soul present,
there is always something. And so as
the quietness grows deeper and Regulus Black hears his own steady rhythm from within, he call this a 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 silence.

The girl, Adrianna, stared to stir and hesitantly, she fluttered open her eyes.
A comfortable feeling welcomed her with open arms, wrapping itself around her like a blanket of warmth.
She started to adjust her eyes and then yawned quietly, without the Black noticing.
𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯, 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱?

Suddenly her eyes were closed again as she felt a familiar hand stroking her head.
A deep breath reached her ears and she wanted to hum at the pleasant feeling, but decided against it.

"Salazar if you knew how much you mean to me.", Regulus Black mumbled and Adrianna could feel the heat rising to her cheeks as the Black heir leaned down to kiss her cheek.

The blonde couldn't help, but let out a small hum at his words and slowly reopened her eyes.

"Reg?", she croaked out, her voice deep from the sleep she achieved for hours.

Regulus' lip twitched upside and he couldn't stop the tinge of pink forming itself on his cheeks.
He clearly loved her sleepy—deep voice after taking a nap and the appeal it gave away.

"I would say good morning, but it's not really morning.", the brunette boy answered cheekily, giving her a small grin.

Adrianna chuckled weakly, nuzzling her head into his chest and took a deep breath.
A pleasant smell, one that opens the album of good and heart warming memories, takes over her senses.
She always felt herself drawn to his 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘺 smell with a hue of 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘯𝘦.
It was rather alluring and she couldn't get enough of it.

"What time is it?", her voice came out muffled as her face was still hidden against his chest.

Regulus' arm dropped over her torso, keeping her closer as he replied,"Not that late, it's around 12."

Adrianna simply nodded and asked,"Why didn't you wake me up? Or put me in my room?"

The boy thought about it, thinking about his options and concluded he should change the truth a bit.
"I like laying with you."

The blonde girl lifted her head, keeping her eyes on the boy and answered with a scrunched up face,"You are sitting, love."

He sighed at the nickname, a pleasant feeling spreading through his chest.
"I like being close to you, Ria."

The pair soon fell into conversations and Regulus couldn't help, but simply stare at her.
Merlin, he is falling deeper and deeper for her.

She is the sky and the clouds; she is the gentle river and the birds that sing. He feels her in the air, longing for her touch, recalling her in a way that sends electricity to spark his mind, body and soul. She is his medicine; his light; she is laughter and hope. Regulus slipped his heart into her pocket some time ago and there it will stay, safe and sound.

"Go on a date with me.", he blurted out and cut off her rambling.
A blush crept on his cheeks as he realized how blunt he was.

Adrianna's head snapped up and she tilted her head at the boy.
On the outside she looked so—calm, but in her head was a war.
Her thoughts were a hurricane and twirling around the possibilities what the boy means.

"You want to go on a date with me?", she questioned quiet shocked and not understand his intentions in the slightest.

Said boy took in a shaky breath and nodded,"Go on a date with me."

"I don't know what to say.", replied the blonde girl and shook her head as her thoughts were getting too much.

Regulus' nodded eagerly,"Of course, of course. You don't need to decide yet. You can tell m—"

"Fine, it's a date.", Adrianna interrupted him and smiled softly at his nervousness.

The Black's jaw slacked, his cheeks were now a bright pink and he blinked multiple times to overcome the shock.
She said 𝘺𝘦𝘴.

"Tomorrow?", he gulped after calming down, which took him a minute.

"Tomorrow.", she repeated and smiled brightly at the boy.

Regulus couldn't help, but break out in a happy smile as he realized that he will take her out.
He took her delicate hand in his, brushing over her knuckles, before leaving a soft kiss on them.

"You have no idea how happy you made me."