II

[...] System
'...' Thought
"..." Speaking

Happy reading~

•••••••

Author's POV

–// Before the apocalypse //–

Today is a normal day for everyone, such as work, school, or doing other activities. At least that's what a man who was walking towards his apartment thought. The man had just returned from work, although the man still looked young enough to work, he was already working while studying.

With a fairly attractive appearance, he is always being stared at by those around him. But he didn't pay attention to their gazes because his eyes were focused on the object in his hand right now, his phone. On the screen of his phone, it can be seen that this man is reading something.

'Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint'

It was the title of the story he was currently reading. The story tells of a 'reader' who experiences events in a novel he has read for 10 years. A very interesting story to read, at least that's what the man thought.

Because he was focused on the novel he was reading, he didn't realize that he had arrived at his apartment. Since he had already arrived at his apartment he quickly went inside. He then headed straight for the bathroom to clean himself up, which he felt was a bit dirty from having just finished work.

After he finished cleaning himself, he then glanced at the mirror beside him. In the mirror you can see the reflection of him who is a little tired from his work.

'Pathetic..' thought the man when he saw his reflection.

Maybe it's time we got acquainted with this man. This man's name is Park Eunhae, a student as well as an employee. He had just turned 20 since last month. This man -Eunhae- lives alone in his apartment, unless we see how many animals are in his apartment.

With a rather fickle personality, it turns out that he is someone who doesn't care. He didn't care if someone was in trouble or something happened to that person, as long as it had nothing to do with him. Because since childhood he is often dropped or ignored just because he cares about other people. Which made him realize that not everyone needs his care.

Okay, enough with his personality, it's better if we look directly at the events that will be experienced by our beloved main character.

"Hah.. My reflection really looks pathetic.. How can so many people be attracted to me like this"

"If only I was in a novel.. Maybe I'll just be a side character. Well at least if it's an ORV novel maybe I will accept it.. Hahaha."

Eunhae fell silent thinking about what he just said

"...Hah.. What did I expect.. It's just a novel, a fictional story, how could I possibly experience it."

Even so, Eunhae hopes that he is in the ORV novel.

"If I was in that novel.. Maybe I'll help Kim Dokja.. And stop him from sacrificing himself.. Or I can take his place to sacrifice myself.."

[If I gave a chance to be in an ORV novel, would you still do that?]

"Wh- Who are you?!"

[I'm just a system asking you]

"Uh... Then.. As for the answer.. Of course I'll still do it! I'll replace Kim Dokja if he sacrifices himself!"

[Good then. I will send you to the novel now.]

"Huh? What do you mean??"

[I will send you to the ORV novel]

"Wait. Can you really do that?"

[Of course! I'm the system! And also I'm actually on your mind]

Eunhae was silent hearing those words. He actually had doubts about a system that was in his mind.

'This is a little weird.. I mean if I was given the chance to get into my favorite novel.. Of course I would accept it. But isn't this too easy? Or is there a condition later if I accept this?'

[Of course there are conditions. There's no way I'll just send you there unconditionally]

(Author: Unconditionally~ I will love you unconditionally~  Ahem! Back to the story)

Eunhae was surprised by that answer, he thought that the system was lying if it was in his mind. But he quickly adapted to this system.

"What are the conditions?"

[Hmm. You're very quick to adapt. I guess I was right in choosing you.]

[The condition are simple. You just have to find an interesting ending. Whether it's a good ending, sad, or maybe a mix of both. So, how is it? Did you accept it?]

Eunhae thought for a moment. He felt that it might not be too heavy, and also he just had to find an interesting ending?

After thinking about it Eunhae then answered.

"I–"

Before Eunhae had finished answering (Or it could be said that he had not answered yet) the system had cut him off.

[Ah! I don't really need your answer, whatever you choose I'll still send you to that novel]

"Huh? Then why do you ask then, hm?"

Eunhae who heard the words from the system couldn't help but be annoyed.

[Why? Because I just want to. After all you are just someone who will be our entertainment]

Eunhae looked confused by that sentence.

'Our entertainment? Who is the 'we' in this sentence?'

[You don't need to know who 'we' is]

"Huh... Whatever then. So when will I be sent to the ORV novel?"

Eunhae said not wanting to think about who 'we' were. He just wanted to know when he would be sent to the ORV novel, because who knows he might prepare something before being sent away to the novel.

[Right now]

"Then I have to prepar– Wait?! Did you just say right now?! But I di–"

[See you there~ I hope you can find an interesting ending for this novel~]

"Wai–"

With that, Eunhae had just been sent to his favorite novel and without any preparation. The system doesn't even say when the apocalypse will begin.

What a system.. You are so inhumane to Eunhae.

(System: I heard that!!)

Okay everyone, the second part is finished~ This part tells the events before Eunhae entered the ORV novel.

Oh! I have something to say! This story won't always follow the original novel, because yeah.. I kind of forgot :)

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment on this story! See you later!