ƙ𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Hello everyone,

Here is the next part of the FF.

~••~••~••~

Not Proofread. Please ignore the typos and mistakes.

Continued from the last part

~••~••~••~••~

"We... we abducted her," he said casually, as if kidnapping someone was his usual business. "What theeee", Khushi screamed. Arnav stumbled in his place because of her shrill voice. "What the... Why did you scream like this, Pari"? He snapped at her. Khushi stared at him with disbelief, narrowing his eyes. "Why? Why did I shout? And YOU were asking ME this? Did you hear YOURSELF? You kidnapped someone, and you sounded as if you kidnapped someone on a daily basis! What about that? And what did you mean by 'we'? Who was with you, Aman bhai, wasn't it"? She asked, keeping her hand on her hip, sitting there with her folded leg.

"What the"...Arnav stared at her disbelievingly. He was staring at her like she was an alien. He was unable to understand her reaction. Was she upset with him or concerned about him? "What, what the Arnavji? Have you lost your mind? What's the need to take that much risk"? She was whispering the last line, frightened. What if police got him arrested for this? She was terrified to even think of it.

Seeing her murmur herself, Arnav called her softly, "Khushi....khushi" and that shook her out of her stupor. "Huh...ha...haan Arnavji"? "What were you grumbling about"? He asked her gently. "Why did you do it, Arnavji? What if the police arrested you for the murder? Did you even think about what would happen then? Mama, papa, Anjali and me? How could we live without you, haven't you thought about it, even once"? A drop of tear slipped through her eyes.

Arnav looked at her, stumped. Was she concerned about him? Isn't she upset about abducting her sister? He cut his face and brushed it gently, "Khus...khushi you.... Aren't you angry with me for abducting Sheetal"? His voice held confusion. "Why should I be, Arnavji"? She asked him with such a belief that shocked him deeply, "Uh huh! Wh...why? I... I mean, shouldn't you be mad at me because I cheated on your sister on the wedding day and above all, I set her up for kidnapping her"? He asked her, awestruck.

Khushi smiled softly, but tears flickered in her eyes. She knew why he asked this. She knew that Arnav thought of her as emotional. He would've thought that she would react badly and misunderstood him. Perhaps she would have done that if she had not heard Garima's evil deeds with her own ears. Had she not seen her babuji's pain, had she not understood Arnavji like her own breath. But she has seen, heard and got them all. She was no longer the Khushi she once was, who longed for a little love from her so-called mother and sister. Who could do anything for their love. That Khushi had died the very day she heard that Garima had tried to kill her.

She knew if her husband had done something like that, so he definitely had his own reason but at the same time, she's worried what if HE would get into any trouble. She just couldn't tolerate it. She wouldn't be able to live if anything ever happened to him. She was muzzled in her thoughts, but Arnav's call snapped her out of her reverie.

"Haan...huh, Arnavji? Were you saying something"? She asked, puzzled. "What the...Khushi! I asked you something, do you even remember"? He stared at her in disbelief. She nodded vigorously, "of course, I remember Arnavji. But Before that, I too asked you something, but you're yet to give me those answers, Arnavji"! Her voice held a different stillness.

Arnav was caught off guard by Khushi's behavior. He expected her to pounce on him, but was shocked seeing her so calm. "Khushi", he was taken aback. "Yes, Arnavji, before I answer, I want you to tell me why you put yourself at such a risk"? She asked him, earnestly".