ᗰ𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗'𝖘 ᗯ𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖙𝖍

Hello everyone,

Here is the next chapter of this FF.

Not Proofread. Please ignore the typos and mistakes.

Continued from the last part

~•••~•••~•••~•••~•••~•••~

Dinner table :

By the time Arnav and Khushi came down for dinner, everyone else had also arrived. Seeing them together, everyone was about to smile but got serious when they noticed an austere faced Khushi and a poker-faced Arnav. They stared at Aman, who surprisingly was not behaving like his usual self but a little angry and worried. He was glancing at Arnav from the corner of his eyes sporadically. That's when he (Aman) felt the sudden warmth of everyone's eyes on him and raised his eyes, only to see that everyone was staring at him without blinking, which left him bewildered. He raised his eyes at Dadi with questioning eyes, and she (Dadi) pointed towards Arnav-Khushi through her eyes as if asking, what has happened to them? Aman glanced towards them once and, looking at Khushi's grim face, he understood that Arnav might have told her everything. He sighed and assured dadi by closing his eyes, that he would tell everything later. Dadi nodded and started to eat after getting assured and subsequently reassuring the rest of the people the same. But Ratna was still feeling restless even after getting reassurance from Aman and Subhadra Devi both as she saw Khushi's red rimmed eyes. She is a mother, after all. How could she be normal when her one child was sad? She wanted to ask but kept quiet when her husband forbade her.

Without knowing what was happening around them, Arnav and Khushi were eating food silently because the morning's events were still reeling in their head, especially Khushi's. While Khushi was sad knowing about her family and their traumatic demise, Arnav was busy thinking about what to do with Sheetal, Garima and Anirudh. So the atmosphere around the table became very eerie and Ratna could not bear the surrounding silence anymore, finally asked worriedly, ❛Khushi, why are your eyes red, beta? Were you crying? Did Chote say anything to you, or did he get angry with you❜? Before Khushi could say anything, a familiar “what the” was heard from the seat next to her. Arnav scowled at his mother,
❛What the! Mamma, why did you think that I would've done something that made Khushi cry? I mean, what the hell! Do I always get angry❜? Hearing his complaint, everyone suppressed their smiles and Ratna and Khushi started shaking their heads, holding their laughter back.

But how could a sister remain silent? So to rile him up, she said, ❛absolutely bhaiya! Was this even something to ask? Arnav Singh Raizada and didn't get angry! How could this not happen once in a day? It's your medicine, isn't it? The doctor has prescribed that you should get angry after waking up in the morning once and once before sleeping at night, did you forget? And today, you didn't get angry the whole day na, that's why Mamma asked my bhabi-darling like that, right Mumma❜? Anjali made fun of him so seriously that everyone started laughing, which made Arnav more piqued. But when he looked at Khushi, all his irritation had gone like a puff and filled his heart with happiness. Perhaps it was the first time he saw his Pari smiling so freely. His eyes got misted, but somehow he stopped his feelings flowing from his eyes and whispered in her ear, almost nuzzling her cheek discreetly, ❛you found it very funny, isn't it, Mrs. Raizada❜? Her smile disappeared within a fraction of a second and sucked a deep breath, feeling Arnav's warm breath on her shoulder blade. A cold shiver ran down her spine and she started to feel numerous butterflies in her stomach. Her breathing started to get uneven by his proximity.

 Her breathing started to get uneven by his proximity