Chapter 23- Back Home

Courtney's POV:

"I can't believe I am back here." I muttered walking into the school. I wore a light windbreaker with dark blue jeans and moccasins. I didn't know where David was so I drove myself to school. I got to my locker and put my bag inside and dug in for my English books.

"Ms. White?" Someone asked. I turned and a man with greying black hair in a navy blue suit smiled at me. He looked oddly familiar but I thought nothing of it and smiled.

"Hello, can I help you?" I asked nicely.

"I am the new principle and I was just walking around and getting familiar with the school." He smiled. I nodded and then frowned.

"How do you know me?" I asked.

"I got a list of the names and some names and photos just...stuck. I guess." He said. This guy was a major creep.

"Alright, well it was nice to meet you Mr.?"

"Mr. Hall." He said.

"Mr. Hall. It was a pleasure to meet you." I said respectfully. He shuffled down the hallway and I sighed.

"Freaky old dudes, man." I said.

My phone began vibrating in my back pocket and I pulled it out glancing at the picture of David and I.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Court? Are you at school?" David asked.

"Yes. It is Monday right?" I asked. How awkward would that be if I was the only one here.

"No. I just need to know where you are. That's all." He said kind of worriedly.

"Is everything alright, David?" I asked.

"Yes. Just head to class, I will meet you there." He ordered. I nodded and walked down the hallway. I rounded the corner and passed by the bathrooms when I heard a rustling from the janitors closet. I moved out of the way when I saw the door open. As it opened an arm reached out and snaked me inside. I gasped when I was grabbed and a cloth was placed over my mouth. I went to scream when the substance drifted into my air ways and made me drowsy.

"Shhh..."Someone cooed as I felt myself pass out.

David's POV:

"Shit." I cursed hitting my steering wheel.

"What did she say?" Jesse asked.

"She is at school." I sighed.

"You don't think he would follow her back there...Do you?" He asked as I glanced at the computer screen that had our ex principal Mr. Toms on it. He raped Courtney and assaulted her. I would never let him lay another hand on her.

Unfortunately while he was locked up he saved all his power for one last shift to be able to get out, and now there was a good chance he was at our school.

"Let's just hope she is in English with no issues." Jesse said worriedly.

"Me and you both, Jess. Me and you both."