Chapter 9-Planning

Chapter 9-Planning

DAY BEFORE RED MOON

Courtney's POV:

It was Thursday and the streets were dead. It was five in the evening and David drank all the water so I said I would run out and get some.

I pulled into a local conveinence store and walked in. I grabbed a case of water and some snacks. I walked up to the counter laying my stuff down and the teenager at the counter looked in pain. His face looked like David's...pain wise. His eyes were a burning amber with bags under his eyes.

"Ten twenty-five." He said, pained. I gave him exact change to give him a break. I took my stuff and walked out the door and placed everything in my trunk. I got in my car and drove back to David's house. I made an idea to just keep cold cloths and water bottles in a cooler so I didn't have to continue to run downstairs and back up.

I walked upstairs and opened his door. He was sleeping peacefully and I opened the case of water and placed them in the cooler. I pulled out my science notes and began making notes for my unit test next week. Soon I heard him shuffling around and he yawned. I swivelled around in his chair.

"So...how does a red moon work exactly?" I asked.

"Only werewolves go. We go into the woods and shift and wait for the red moon to fully appear. Once it's there it unlocks every hormone in every one there...but it only works for sixteen, seventeen and eighteen year olds. Some nineteen year olds still get it but anyone below sixteen doesn't feel anything or above twenty."

"So...I will be waiting for you at my house. Since I don't want to...disturb...your parents." I said crossing my legs on his chair. A smile came onto his lips as he opened a water bottle.

"Your house it is." He said finishing the water bottle.

Parker's POV:

"Who's house are we going to?" I asked Hilary as we watched TV in her room.

"Mine. My parents aren't home...and my room is bigger."

"So, we go to the the grounds together, and then go to your house?"

"Yep. And then I'm all yours for the evening." She said a seductive smile appearing on her lips. I cuddled close to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her softly not wanting to push anything on her. Then suddenly a knock was on her door. She jumped out of my arms and I sighed as her mom walked in.

"Hi girls, I just wanted to know if you two wanted some pizza? It's downstairs." Her mom smiled.

"Thanks mom. We'll be right down." Hilary promised. She nodded and closed the door.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"After tomorrow night. I'll tell them. I'm not sure yet." She said.

"You know my parents already know." I said.

"Parker my parents want me so badly to marry royalty. That's why we don't belong to a pack. Once I tell them I want to be with a girl more than I want to be with a guy...they'll understand. I'll just tell them I won't be happy." She explained getting up to turn off the TV.

"And it will also work because my parents like you." She added.

"Fine. But you have to tell them. I'm tired of being in the dark" It was true, all I did was hide in the dark.

"I promise." She said giving me a light kiss and oepning her door.

Jesse's POV:

I was sitting at home on my computer when my phone buzzed. I picked it up and Dominic was texting me. Thinking about him brought tingles to my lips when he kissed me yesterday.

Dominic- Meet me at the Red Moon tomorrow and follow me.

Just by the text message I felt his dominant Alpha presence. It sent tingles all through me and my body heated up even more...it already was because of the red moon.

Jesse- Okay, can't wait.

I set my phone down and turned back to my computer. When it buzzed again.

Dominic- ;)

His text message made butterflies come through my stomach. A simple damn smiley face made me like this? But...it didn't seem like Dominic...his sandy blonde hair cascading over his bright blue eyes, his strong jaw and chiseled features.

It made me more heated and hard on the spot. I gripped the table until my knuckles went white at the pain. I looked at my computer...Twenty two hours until the Red Moon.

I was so nervous and excited I couldn't wait.

Courtney's POV:

"Go to your house." David cringed getting up.

"Why? It's only twelve. When's the red moon?"

"Ten o'clock."

"So there is still ten hours."

"Yes but...you just need to be home. Not here when there are other pack members here who are males."

"Seriously?" I asked crossing my arms and smiling.

"Yes and I can't protect you in this weak state."

"Okay, I'll see you tonight." I said giving him a light kiss.

"Can't wait." He called.

"I know you can't." I called back. I went out to my car and drove down the empty street to my big house that was empty.

Once I went in I went upstairs and turned on music...I had ten hours to get ready. First I took a shower and as my hair was damped and I wore my over size comfy clothes I made a sandwich for lunch. As I waited I watched some episodes of Degrassi and Teen wolf that I had to catch up on. And as I dried my hair I kept looking at the clock and as time passed excitement grew in my stomach and I became nervous.

I used to be close to sex before, but never to it and now that would actually happen tonight with a guy I really, really liked.

I sighed nervously to myself on the couch and I curled my legs into my chest.

Okay I needed some confidence here. I am head cheerleader. I took a deep breath and calmed my nerves.

Look at it, I'm with a gorgeous guy who thinks I am beautiful, so I shouldn't be nervous. All that matters is that David actually likes me.

He's not doing it just to make himself popular or anything, he actually likes me.

Otherwise why would he go for me and not Mindy?

Like if you think about it if he wanted to be popular he would have done both me and Mindy...

So he actually does like me.

Okay I seriously need to calm down I was thinking about it too much.

I took a coupld of deep breaths and looked at the clock and squeaked loudly.

"It's freakin' five o'clock!" There was only six hours left. I felt my lunch coming back up and I clamped my hand over my mouth and squeezed the pillow to me.

I took a couple of deep breaths.

"Relax, Courtney...calm down..."

Oh God this is going to be bad.