Chapter 17- Relaxation at Last

Courtney's POV:

A couple of Months Later....

My parents left for work like usual taking my newly born brother with them. His name was Carter and he was the cutest thing ever.

While they were away they left me with a huge amount of money for christmas. I usually went full decoration mode for two weeks and now I have David to help me.

I was also going on vacation with him and his family for two weeks. They had family up in Alaska and they had a huge house up there so we were flying up there. But before that I was decorating my house.

Me and David were tree hunting. We were off for christmas break and it was two days until the big day. It had snowed a lot and I had on my taller beige uggs, with my down filled jacket and a hat. David wore a jacket at least and a hat which made him look somewhat normal.

It was a cold evening as we walked through the many trees. Families were here picking out normal sized trees. But I had room for a big one so I wanted a big one.

"This one." I said lightly touching the green bristles. It was amazingly full and tall. David grabbed it and dropped it down and pulled it across the ground and over to the table to the little old woman and her husband.

"Good evening, dear." She said sweetly.

"Good evening, how are you?" I asked pulling out the money.

"Oh it is a bit chilly but I love the holiday season." She said chuckling as her husband smiled. I smiled too and took the receipt.

"Thank you. Merry christmas." I said.

"Merry christmas to you too kids." She laughed. We walked to my car and tied the tree to the roof and drove back to my house were David brought it in and placed the tree in it's green holder as I opened the decoration filled box.

I turned on the fire place and the TV. Christmas with the Kranks was playing. It was my favourite christmas movie.

"You know when you asked me to go on vacation with you... I thought we'd be going somewhere warmer." I laughed as I strung the lights around the tree. They flashed and they were white. I always had a theme with my tree and the last few years it has been blue, white and silver.

"It is our major pack house. That's why." He explained plugging in the lights.

"Major pack house?" I asked confused.

"Yea. The Summers are the strongest pack in Canada. But our pack house is in Alaska. It's like our headquarters."

"Oh I see. So all of your pack members are there?" I asked.

"Yea. Our alpha is there." He said.

"I thought your father was alpha?"

"He is a beta. Our alpha is always at the pack house."

"But your an alpha...?"I said confused.

"I have alpha blood in me. So I may be in line for alpha." He shrugged.

"But isn't Dominic older than you? And why are you shrugging this is a big deal."

"He's older than me. Yes. But he doesn't have alpha blood and if he did...Well it would be harder for him to be alpha because he can't reproduce, because he is gay."

"Who cares if he can't reproduce?" I said frowning.

"Alpha's need to reproduce to have more stronger werewolves in the pack. That is why alpha's have a lot of kids."

"So that's why you don't care for alpha...You're not sure if I want a lot of kids. That's nice." I said smiling.

"That and because I would have to get my eye fixed and I know how much you love my glasses." He smirked.

"True. But I would find you way more sexy if you were in charge." I said lightly.

---------

AN: I know my chapters are getting really short. I am such a bad person >.<