Chapter 4

Congratulations or condolences?

After what Jimin said, the whole ride was silent. I couldn't wrap my mind around his words however hard I tried.

There was something that was making him hate me perhaps...

Or he was just warning me about his anger issues...

Maybe I ruined his life by marrying him...

Whatever it was that pushed him to say those words, made me feel uneasy. I was a complete wreck, not knowing what to do or how to react to that information. So instead of asking stupid questions to him, we drove in awkward silence.

Until he broke it of course.

"Where is your university? Type in the directions," Jimin gestured to a screen. I silently nodded and typed the name of the street. "Why didn't you take a car?"

Is he dumb or is he dumb?

"Did you see me have a car by the house?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Please don't tell me you don't have a car..." he looked at me while we stopped at the red light. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Do you at least have a license?"

"Yeah, I do. I just thought I didn't need a car so I never bought one," I explained, looking at the road. I didn't have the courage to look him in the eyes after what happened in the morning.

"You're certainly going to need one now. We have to fix that," Jimin grabbed a steering wheel and pressed on a gas pedal.

Huh?

What is that supposed to mean?

A few seconds of silence passed then he started cursing out loud.

"Shit, I'm going to be late for work because of you!" he shouted all of a sudden making me flinch.

What's wrong with him?

I stayed silent, not able to get back at him. At first, I thought I could annoy the hell out of Jimin but now that I've seen this scary side of him, I don't want to do it anymore.

For a second, at the marriage registry, I thought we would be able to get along after a little while. But now this thought seems so distant, I can't even keep being mad or angry at him. It's just getting upsetting.

I don't know how long I will last if he keeps it up.

I'm scared...

What do I do?

How can I change his attitude to me?

I can't let him control me like his puppet...

I can't let him walk all over me when he isn't in a good mood...