Chapter 14

Confession

Confession.

"Y/n? Is that you?!" A way too familiar voice spoke behind my back.

Hearing it, I abrubtly stopped dead on my tracks. I didn't want to face her, nor did I intend to have a conversation that could potentially ruin my night. All I could feel was anger building up inside me but I still decided to turn around with an obvious fake smile.

"Congratulations. You just recognized your own daughter!" I mockingly patted my mother's shoulder. "If you'll excuse me, I need use the ladies room..." I said as I was about to leave.

"Wait, Y/n!" Mom ran after me, grabbing me by my wrist in order to stop me. "Can we talk?" She asked with concern in her eyes.

"Hmmm," I pretended to think, pressing a finger to my chin. "Why would I want to have a conversation with a woman that traded her own daughter for a company, huh?" I went closer, intentionally rubbing it into her brain.

"Honey... I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said that d-"

"Bye, mom..." I said as I turned my heel and exited the the big hall through double doors. Walking in an empty corridor, I heard quick footsteps behind me.

"Baby, can we just talk for a minute? I can't leave it like that," Mom commented, her eyes teary.

How can she play the victim right now?...

"How more pathetic can you get? Why would I want to talk to you?" I spoke through greeted teeth, suppressing my tears as I clenched my fists. "That day I found out the things about you I wish I didn't know. How do you expect me to look you in the eyes after that?!"

"Y/n, I'm so sorry for the things I said that day. You took me by surprise and I got lost in my thoughts, blurting out ridiculous things," mom took my hands in hers.

"I didn't mean what I said. Is Jimin abusing you? Let's sign the divorce papers, okay? You will move out and we can just figure something out about the company!"

I scoffed, getting out of her grip. "Did you just have an awakening?! Me and Jimin are fine! In fact, we're actually really good if you didn't know. Have you ever wondered how I'm doing? All this week I was waiting for your call, hoping you would apologize and ask me how I'm doing! But no! You didn't call me once. It was dad. Why is it always dad who is calling me?!" I cried out angrily.

"Tell me honestly... are you actually concerned for my well-being or are you doing this just out of guilt? Are you doing this just because you feel bad that you care about the company more than you care about me?" I raised my brows, knowing I don't expect any proper answer from her.

She sighed, putting a hand over her face.

Just as expected...

"I see. Thank you for being honest with me," I pursed my lips, tears falling down my cheeks. "Did you want to have a son so bad that you treat both your daughters like shit?"