Chapter 15

Defensive

Defensive.

I was left flustered at Jimin's words. The fact that he was willing to protect me despite finding out what I was trying so desperately to keep a secret, left me wanting to keep him close. And on top of that, what surprised me the most, was that he called me his wife.

My lips curved into a faint smile as I watched him fix my makeup with a lot of care. Instead of asking me questions, he silently did his job, making me question how on earth is this the same man that a few weeks ago was messing with my head and kept on being an asshole.

"Done!" Jimin enthusiastically exclaimed once finishing with my face. "How about we go get some air to make your eyes sparkle, hmm?" He asked, softly rubbing my shoulder.

I nodded and once I did, he took my hand in his and tugged me along with him through a lonely corridor. Not having any idea of where he is leading me, I asked a question.

"Isn't the event already starting? We have to be there, Jimin," I commented, anxious about him being late to his own ceremony of becoming a CEO of the company.

He chuckled in response. "Sweetheart, we're not going anywhere until you are put together to face everyone," He said making me blush all of a sudden.

"But-"

"Relax. We have about twenty minutes before everything starts," he explained, making me relieved I'm not ruining anything.

As we walked in a hallway still holding hands together, Jimin stopped and opened a door, letting me come through first. I stepped out and ended up standing outside on a balcony with an extremely picturesque view on Seoul. As Jimin stood right beside, he let me enjoy the view in silence for a minute. Tall buildings were surrounding the city, lights shining from almost every corner, lighting up the streets.

It was indeed beautiful outside. I was getting calmer by each passing minute, enjoying the fresh air hitting my face. Facing Jimin, I looked right at his calm expression, daring to finally look him in the eyes. He was really handsome, I couldn't keep on denying it. The light from the moon and colorful signs around the city were lighting up his face, making him look ten times more attractive.

"Thank you," I said, eternally grateful for what he did back there.

"You're welcome, Y/n," Jimin responded and a pause followed after that.

"How come you're not asking me questions? People are usually curious and once finding out they start bombarding with questions. Why don't you ask me anything?"

"Because I'm not that nosy, Y/n. It's very clear to me that you have a trauma from the past but I'm not going to ask you anything until you decide to open up yourself. And even if you decide not to do it, it is totally understandable," he explained.