Chapter 5

Bruise

Bruise

Jimin

After the gates are wide open, I drive inside the property of my house. A long and exhausting day is finally over. Turning off the ignition, I take the car keys and exit the car.

The moon is shining brightly, litting up the pathway to the front door. Clear dark blue sky, almost black, is driving me in a tired state. I sigh, remembering it's November and the days are getting shorter each time. It's getting colder too.

What a day...

I jingle with my keys, trying to find the right one. Squinting my eyes, I finally find the one I need and enter my home without much noise. Taking off my shoes and a coat, I head to the kitchen. Hungry as hell.

I hope she left food for me...

Once I'm getting closer, a strong pleasant smell of food hits my nostrils, nearly knocking me out. Rustling is heard from the kitchen, making it very obvious who is in there.

Great...

I have to see this ugly duckling...

Again...

I turn the corner and to my view comes this girl who is currently cutting vegetables on the counter. She isn't acknowledging my presence, fully focused on preparing a meal.

I took a second to look at her exposed shoulders, seeing her bare skin for the first time. She always wears baggy clothes so it's hard to make up the image of her figure. And right now she is wearing a white sleeveless shirt with white thin straps instead.

It was getting weird to stand in the kitchen, not particularly far from her and feeling like I'm invincible. I decided to clear my throat so she finally would see me.

My eyes were on her when I did it and thank god I wasn't standing too close. She got startled and turned around, swinging the knife in her hands and letting out a short scream. Once she was fully facing me with the kitchen knife in her hands and panting heavily, she sighed in relief when she realized it was only me.

Jesus, I could've died...

"Oh... Jimin, why are you home early?" She looked at the watch on her hand, putting away the knife. "You were not supposed to be back until an hour later."

"I got tired and decided to go ho-" I stopped mid-sentence when my eyes trailed down from her eyes to her breasts. I blinked a few times, taking my time to look at their big size. Her cleavage was exposed due to the small and thin material, barely covering them.

Oh my lord...

Shit, Jimin, look away...

Once I realized what I'm doing, I looked sideways, attempting to escape the awkward situation. She looked down at herself and realized what I was looking at. She loudly gasped and ran around the kitchen island to grab her sweater from the bar stool.