Chapter 2

My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything, I guess that's why my mother doesn't really talk when my dad's home.

You see, they don't have the best relationship. My mom cheated on my dad when he went to the army. Once he found out he left. left. just left me. With my drunk mother.

---

I had my second period art, yes, I skipped my first period, what? It was unstandable. After Elijiah dropped me off, we went our separate ways. I went to my usual spot in the very back, and started unpacking my art supplies. Art is my favorite class, well the only class I can stand also I'm very good at it so maybe that's why.

I was halfway through organizing my stuff and putting it on my table when a familiar hand was tapping my desk.

"What do you want?" I said in an annoyed voice. "I want to borrow a pencil". a deep, dark yet familiar voice said. "You want to but don't need to" I shot back. I turned to look at his desk, which is completely empty. "Um yes I need it or else I'm gonna fail this class" He said in a lighter tone. I rolled my eyes and handed him my least favorite pencil, no one uses my favorite pencil, well it's more like a pen than a pencil but who cares. You only get to use my favorite pencil/pen if you are very special to me. And so far the only person who used it was me.

---

'Why were the scissors smiling?' 'because they had their work cut out for them' haha not funny. I put away my phone while continued to wait for Elijah.

Finally, Elijah hurried out of the school doors and came to me, who was waiting for him leaning against a street light.

We walked out of the gates that surrounded the school grounds. It was quiet for a few minutes, Elijah was scrolling through his phone looking through his emails, while I was just kicking little rocks on the ground.

Then after a few unbearable minutes he sighed loudly and tucked his phone into his back pocket and said "I need help with my art project" "it's called an independent project for a reason." I said, taking my glance off of the ground and onto his eyes. "Please Everleigh, I can't go home right now, I-'' he said then wandered off. " you?" "I can't go home right now, there are some repairs going on" He said a bit rushed at the end. "Bu-" I started but got cut off by him saying " Please Everleigh, I-I pay you" wow so generous "I don't need your money, but since you soo kindly offered I'll take it." I said in the most sarcastic voice I can manage. He scoffed but didn't say anything more.