Chapter 7

I hate it when people say in another life

And then think about what would happen if things were different, I think it's pointless and stupid to fill your head with things that will never happen, to hope even though you know that its hopeless. Its never going to happen so what's the point of thinking about it?

I guess that's one of the mysteries of life.

Taking Elijah's suggestion I signed up to work at the bakery down the street whose name is actually called Creamy Creations, I think they make cake. 

---

"If I work at a cake shop, do I get cake as payment?" 

"Do you want cake as payment?" Elijah asked back. "Good point" I muttered thoughtfully.

Today is Sunday, which means no school, which also means work. Well its my new job and I am a cashier. I did not pass math but I did pass money counting (or whatever they call it).  

I walked to the bakery by myself since Elijah had to do homework or at least I think that's what he said. 

I'm wearing my favorite pair of yellow sunglasses with sunflowers on the side and to match it I am wearing a black tank top, and cream yellow jeans that get wider around my ankle. 

I head into the bakery and went to the back to get changed into my new uniform

I head into the bakery and went to the back to get changed into my new uniform. which is just a fancy black top with two rows of buttons with a waist apron which I was kinda excited to wear, ngl.

Anyway, I met my boss aka the cook who I think is in his mid 60s who I thought would be intimidating, well to be honest I thought all bosses would be intimidating but my new boss, Tanner was really nice.

I'm already liking this day.

---

"Have a great rest of your night Everyleigh, I hope you liked your first day here". Mr. Tanner said (which I thought would be a bit more appropriate than just Tanner, yk.) "Yes I did, thank you, I'll see you tomorrow" I said waving my hand as a goodbye. "6 o'clock" Mr. Tanner said nodding his head in agreement.

I headed home smiling to myself like an idiot, thinking that all my worries before I headed out for my first day at work were for nothing.

I had a good job, a great boss, and I got to help Chloe as well with her fashion designing company that I would get to work for next year.