Chapter 22

I run out of the house, just like how I run from everything in my life, every problem I encounter, I run, they say you can't run away from your problems, I guess that's true, like look at me now. Making a promise to start life over again and breaking it the very next day.. I can't run from my old life like how I can't run from my problems. But there's a difference, I don't know it now, or I may never, but I'm sure going to try. And one day, I promise you I'll tell you the difference.

—--

*Knock* *Knock* Who the hell is knocking at my door? I peek out of the peephole and see none other than Elijah standing there with a hand behind his back. I put my back against the door and sink down until I'm sitting on the floor. What does he want?

And if I'm being honest I'm too curious to not open the door but I'm mad at him, right?

I take a deep breath in and unlock the lock on the door and twist the handle to open the door just enough for him to see only half my face. "Everleigh" He breathed, like he's been holding that breath for his life and can finally release it now. "What are you doing here?" I spat, getting straight to the point. "Blunt." Is what I think he mutters under his breath and I almost smile at that. "What did you just say?" I demand, now moving the door fully open. His eyes roam up and down my body then, like his eyes never moved at all burns into mine. I don't give him the pleasure of scaring me with his icy dark blue pair of eyes that are more like flames than anything else, so I scare back as what I hope is an intimidating look with my own dark hazel eyes.

I raise an eyebrow cause he still hasn't answered my question and to anyone watching they would think we were doing a very intense staring contest. "I'm sorry" He says, abruptly breaking his eye contact. It doesn't merely feel like a victory as it should.

"Sorry for what?" I said coldly. He flinches. I don't think I've ever seen this man flinch in his life. I'm taken by surprise but make sure to scold my expression to a blank one. "For yesterday, how I reacted, I shouldn't have acted that way, I'm sorry." I can't help but smirk a little, Elijah Adryan Russo, apologizing, if I wasn't in the moment right now I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me this would happen a week before. I'm not so sure what to say, and for the first time I realize I'm speechless, which never happens. I always have things to say but don't always choose to say them. Elijah apologizes, it doesn't suit him and it's not like he ever did it before. For all of the 6 months I knew him I never, ever heard him say the two words, no bother with meaning them. But right now in this scenario for some reason even though it feels so wrong, I don't think I want ever him to stop. I want him to say the two words again and again and again.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"

---

"Well there's one way you can make it up to me." An idea formed in my head. He raised an eyebrow.

Oh he has no idea what's in store for him.

—---

His eyes widen the moment those pair of dark blue eyes land on the dress in the corner of the room. "What is that for?" He asked, not taking his off the light purple dress with gems on the ends of the dress which, other than that, is very plain. "I made that, with some help from Chloe of course but I need someone to test it out." I said, resisting the urge to smile. Now both his brows go up. "And why can't you wear it?" He asked, slowly almost scared of the answer. "I would but it's too big on me and anyways what would be the fun of that." I turn my head to Elijah, grinning. Elijah who still has his eyes on the dress slowly turning his head toward me, question in his eyes, begging me not to continue.

"I would like you to try it on for me."

---

"I hate you." I lift an eyebrow showing disapproval. "I'm sorry ma'am, do you want a drink with that?" He asked, mocking me with his tone. I think I'm enjoying this way more than I'm supposed to. "Yes, actually, I would like a cup of water." I said my order even though water is the only thing I have. He fakes courtesy that caused me to burst out laughing. Elijah wears the light purple dress with sparkly light violet gems at the ends. I also paired it with a pair of dark purple heels, which lets just say took Elijah ages to walk in, it was so funny I remember his exact words when taking the first step was "How the hell does girls wear this shit" I can still see him wobbly walking away to the kitchen. 

It takes him a while to come back with my water but hey, at least he made it. I cough when he sets the cup on the table. Yea, I still have a fever, and even worse I'm coughing now. "Hey, it's okay just more water" He whispers to me, gently patting my back. "I know, I'm fine." I say, taking the warm glass of water in my palms then bringing it up to my mouth. 

"Can I take this off now" He looks at me with puppy eyes, silently begging me. 

"No."