Chapter 18

I'm lying in bed while cuddling Pebbles. Tears streaking down my face. It's my first night after my coma and the thoughts I hide from myself for 3 days all come rolling back, my grandmother closed eyes lying dead in my arms, my mother throwing glass bottles at me, the day my father left without sparing a glance at me. I don't know what to think. Pebbles is the only reason I can get any sleep at night. But today even she is leaving me.

She meows and jumps off the bed to sleep in her own little bed, walking out of my bedroom.

I got up cause clearly I can't get any rest today. Staring out the window, the rain dripping down, I sit next to the window and rest my head on the cold but oddly relaxing surface of my window. And my shaking stops momentarily, releasing a deep breath. I stayed there until I mysteriously went back to sleep.

—-

Even though I'm in no mood to head back to school, I can't possibly miss another of it though. I'm starting fresh, a new lifestyle, a new attitude, a new me. Starting with colorful clothing, well that's not too hard I guess. I picked out a light, sky blue crop top with puffy long sleeves and white jeans. Then I force myself to eat breakfast even though I really don't want to. Munching on some breakfast cereal I get myself caught up on the most recent news not just at school but the world, and I missed out on a lot.

Once I'm done everything, take a shower (cause i hadn't had one in ages), brush my teeth, and eat breakfast. I grab my keys, then grab the door handle. A cool freshness awaits me, the wind blowing my hair from my face blowing it behind me, I smile a little and all of a sudden a heavy weight on my shoulders disappears.

"You seem to be better" A low voice says, making me jump. "Way to ruin the moment Elijah." I scoff, hiding my even bigger smile. Saying nothing, he smirks at me then lowers his head to check his phone in his hand then says "C'mon, we have to go." I quickly turn around to grab my backpack sitting right beside the door. Not that I'm in a hurry, this is one of the best days of my life and I'm not going to waste it by rushing it on.