Chapter 5

In the old house cabin on Mavel Avenue, Mrs. Carlo and her husband, Mr.Carlo lived peacefully, every morning at 6:00 Mr.Carlo headed out to work and Mrs.Carlo stayed at home doing chores all day. And at 8:00pm Mr.Carlo would always return home.

One night, Mr.Carlo never came back, he died, wait no, murdered. After the police came and no one found the killer, they just found the dead body and with that the case was closed.

Ms. Carlo cried for days and then on a Saturday morning she headed out and left.

Okay, so here's the thing, I NEVER, never in the 2 and a half weeks of my life went to Elijah's house. Okay that might be a little exaggerated but at the same time it's not. So after a lot of asking he finally said, no.

Well if you want to be, I mean, a little more, I don't know detailed, I guess, he technically said, "oH No, wELl i haVE REpaIrS GoINg oN At MY dAMn hOusE, sO SorRy yOu cAn'T cOmE" (me mocking him) ok, ok fine, that's not really what he said exactly, but you get the idea.

And if I'm being honest that's what I would have said if someone asked to come to my house back in Paradise Valley, but sadly, no one asked.

Somehow being around him made me more comfortable and I guess, if I'm being honest, changed me. Like we always hang out outside, and before, I never left the house, the only exception was school.

---

"Okay, shocking news, I need a job"

"That is shocking news," he said sarcastically. "Okay Ev, what are the options?" he said, addressing me with his new nickname for me. "We have that bakery down the street or the bar on Saner Street" I said, naming down the only two options for me. "I thought you wanted to be a fashion designer?" Elijah asked, confused. "Well yes, I was and still am, but Chloe said for me to work next year, after graduation. So in the meantime I need another job." I said.

"Ok, so, what were the options again?" He asked, for the second time, I'm actually starting to think that he's Dory. "The bakery or the bar" I said for the second time. "Right, bakery or bar." he muttered to himself. "Well the bakery is closed, but when did you learn how to bake?" He asked and I almost threw my notepad in his face. "I didn't, I am just going to be a cashier" I gritted out.

"Oh, right sorry, didn't mean to be offensive" He said, apologetic "None taken" I muttered. "We should go back home, it's late." He said and it is true we were sitting on a low cliff enjoying the sunset and when I checked my phone it was 7 already.

We got up and headed home.