Chapter 3

I will never touch alcohol after what I saw happened to my mother. I was abused in a household I never chose to be in, a household I never wanted to be in, a household I wished everyday to escape from. One day that wish finally came true.

We walked to my house with a 65 plate number on top of the door. I reached into my backpack to grab my keys while Elijah stood there tapping his foot nervously biting his bottom lip. " you okay?" I ask him while trying to open the DAMN DOOR! " Huh? Oh yea, I'm okay" He says, clearly in a whole different world.

Finally after an hour I finally got the damn door opened, I don't think Elijah noticed how long it took me to open the door and I think that is one reason why I couldn't get it opened quicker. Anyway, we went in and I put my backpack on the ground and hung my jacket on the hook, while Elijiah did the same.

"My grandmother isn't at home this part of the day" "She's hanging out with friends" I specify. "Oh, okay" he replied, still in his little trance. Now I'm really annoyed, I don't know what is happening in his house or what he is thinking but I don't want to be stuck with a half minded person. " HELLOO, EARTH TO ELIJAH" I say in a creepy hallucinating way (or whatever) " Huh? Yea. Everleigh?" Elijah says, finally snapping out of his trance. "FINALLY" I say in an exasperated tone. "Should we do homework?" I question "Uh, yea sure" he says with a bit of a shocked look on his face.

* * * *

We got our backpacks and went to my bedroom upstairs to do our homework. Never in my life had I let a boy in my bedroom, or anyone really, they kinda let themselves in. That's one reason why I'm a bit scared to let Elijah in, the other one is that I have an obsession with books and book characters. No but if you ever went into my room you would know, I have a bookshelf that covers the one whole side of the room, and another wall that has my bed against it has pages from my favorite book scenes (photo copied ofc) on it that covers the whole wall. Yea, big book obsession. I just really hope Elijah doesn't read the pages.

We settled down on my fluffy beige carpet and took out our homework. I have math, algebra homework and let just say that this is the most boring subject out there and not to mention soo hard, yea Elijah you are definitely going to help me with this. I stole a glance at Elijah's paper and saw that he had his art project open. While Elijah sketches I make my mind focus on the algebra questions even tho I have no idea how to do it.

Eventually, I gave up and Elijah "helped me" do the work (he really just did the work for me and reluctantly too, probably because I let him stay over, in other case scenarios I would feel bad making him do my homework) while I did as promised did his art project.

After about 30 mins Elijah finished my math homework. "Thanks, Elijah" I said when he handed me back my paper. "No problem" Elijah said while taking a good look at my room, he got up and was about to walk to the wall with all my book pages when I hoped up and practically pounced on him, blocking his view of the wall. "Nope, definitely not" I said stopping him in his tracks. "Why, Everleigh?" he asked with a mocking sound in his voice. "Because I said so and this is my room" I said raising my voice. "ok ok , I was just going to see what all that was" he said chuckling. "Well its none of your business" I said defensively "ok, well are you going to let me see those books you have on you huge shelve or are you going to yell at me not to as well?" he said, his attention now on my wall length bookshelf. "Aren't you suppose to be heading home now" I questioned changing the subject. "Why, are you inviting me to go" He said, suddenly face cold as stone at the subject but I don't think it was directed towards me. "No, I was just wondering" then I hurried to say "you can stay here until your repairs are finished." Ignoring my message like it was clear to him I wasn't kicking him out he went to my bookshelf and started rummaging though my books. He picked up an art history book, that to be honest was only there for show.

We chatted about random things, while he read the boring art book. I learned some new things about him like he is allergic to strawberries (strawberries are the bestt, his lost), his full name is Elijah Adryan Russo, and he's an Aquarius (I'm a Capricorn).

And he probably learned way more about me but lets not call about that.

Eventually, he had to go back home and we said our goodbyes.

Honestly, I don't know why but I feel kinda sad that he was leaving. But one things for sure,

I think I made a friend.