Support

The greatest good is what we do for one another - Mother Teresa

**********************************************************************************************

I had texted Linda during the afternoon that I was available again for work and enthusiastically started my night shift.

A couple of hours in Bee asked if I was ok. 

"I am pretty sure I have never before seen you so... entangled and then relieved about UNI?" she asked puzzled.

"Yea... uhm the paper is done..." 

"Must have been one hell of a paper. I have some staked up for the weekend myself. They will keep me from breathing any fresh air apart from the way to work." she sighed tortured and thankfully did not ask for more details. I badly needed to work on my poker face.

Bzzz my phone rang in my pocket. 

I can wait, I can, I... 

...can't. I am such a pushover. A text from Alex was my reward for checking it. 

"Are you up for a round of training tonight?" He asked

"Can't wait to get my behind kicked." I replied instantly.

"That sounds interesting. See you soon :-*" A kissing Emoji, my breathing hitched.

"Ceeeee! Spill the deeds!" I looked up from my phone to where my friend held up a cleaning brush towards me.

Ohh.

"Uhhmm I may have met... a guy." I admitted "It is still nothing official or so..." I trailed off.

"So you haven't stripped off his pants yet." She dryly stated.

"BEEE! No, of course not!" I flustered when she made a suggestive mouth movement.

"Spoilsport, so no dirty details for me. Is he at least hot? You are a 10 so you deserve nothing less!", says the magnificent Barbie sitting next to me.

"He is hot." That much I could easily tell.

"How hot? Do you have any pics?" Pictures?! Like HELL, no.

"No, sorry. You have to trust me on this one. He is Habanero-hot." I giggled infecting her with it.

"As soon as you have one, show me! Promise!" 

"I will, I promise." Holding up my hands in a swearing move.

"You better."

Alex showed as soon as Bee had left. No wonder he managed to be here so fast, as it was just a short elevator ride for him. He probably got the info from his security as soon as Bee stepped out of the elevator.

Compared to the great mood he had had the whole morning, now he was tense and doleful.

During the training it made no difference. He was as careful and gentle with me as always. ( Meaning just a couple of bruises and aching muscles. Krav Maga was no walk in the park.)

But he proved my presumption after our training. 

As soon as I started stretching he excused himself, went to one of the treadmills and ran his heart out. 

I remembered the first night, when he had used the treadmill at a steady level. Back then I thought he was fast. To be honest compared to me he had then already shown my full running speed. Now I estimated he moved twice as fast.

After 15 minutes at this nutcase speed, he joined me on the mats. 

Instead of stretching, he continued doing push-ups. At 60 something I miscounted and gave up counting altogether. He didn't stop. Finishing up with full 20er sets of one-handed push-ups. My arms burned from watching.