Acclimatize & Recharge

Beauty is what you feel inside and it reflects in your eyes not something physical – Sophia Loren

**********************************************************************************************

As soon as I woke up I went straight to the window, taking in the view with an open mouth. 

Below the tropical garden a perfect white beach set off towards the shimmering water. It had the promised turquoise colour and got darker farther out.

"It's unbelievable." I whispered, marvelling about the beauty in front of me.

"It is." Alex replied from the door towards the hallway.

He seemed to have been already up as he was fully dressed in trunks and a half-open white shirt. 

Nice views, everywhere. 

When he walked closer I noticed that he was wearing the leather bracelet on his arm. So far he had worn it every day and I was deeply smitten with this gesture.

"Come, let's have a quick breakfast before I show you the island and you can take your first dip in the ocean."

The "quick" breakfast was more a five star feast, equally as impressive as at the Peninsula Hotel. Like in New York someone had prepared a whole buffet just for the two of us. They even had fresh Belgian waffles and eggs Benedict?! It felt way over the top.

"We really should not make them so much trouble." I pointed with my fork towards the buffet as I munched on my Belgian waffle topped with heaps of fruit. Yummm.

"I understand your point. Please take into consideration before we cancel this service, that you would disappoint them massively. It is a way to prove themselves to their boss and show off their good work."

Damn his life was complicated sometimes. 

"Fine. I can of course "endure" this. Mompf."

"Much appreciated." He laughed amused and infected me with it.

After our breakfast we walked through the garden past iguanas and lizards that lazily lay in the sunlight towards the beach. 

Our private island was small and we easily walked around it in mere minutes. 

Subsequent, only a few hundred meters of water in between, the next much larger island lay on the reef chain. It was the one Alex had mentioned yesterday for the daytime guests. 

Not being the only small island in this vast ocean gave me a private but not insulated vibe. I found it very reassuring that the resort and main island were not far away, too.

Stepping on the beach for the first time in my life, I felt the cushy warm and grainy texture of soft beach sand below my sandals. 

Uh sand was surprisingly hard to walk on. 

Sinking in I quickly had sand all over my sandals and after two steps it rubbed very unpleasant under my straps.  

Alex had taken his boat shoes off before walking onto the sand and carried them in his hand. With sandals I had thought it unnecessary, as any sand could just fall out...

A few uncomfortable steps more and I gave up. 

The sand did totally not do just "fall" out. Dang it. My romantic image was destroyed. Sand was a hassle.

Following Alex example I took my shoes off, too. 

Now that I had bare feet anyway I walked towards the water and stepped into the soft waves.