Melting

Happiness is love, nothing else. Who is capable of love is happy - Hermann Hesse

**********************************************************************************************

The next day we decided to spent some time outdoors and thankfully I was able to convince Alex to go hiking not skiing. I was very fond of my arms and legs. No need for breaking them.

He gave me a carve-length padded down coat, waterproof boats and a large pair of sunglasses. I hoped everything belonged to his mom and that everything I wore was just borrowed. As new as everything looked and fitted, I wouldn't bet a dime on it.

Like the days before I tugged my new wool hat and Alex scarf on before stepping outside. 

The powdery snow whirled below my feet as the sun turned it into glittering dust. These boots were a miracle, keeping my toes toasty warm and dry. 

By foot and in daylight I was able to enjoy the view. 

"Next time I will have you on skis! Trust me, the feeling is unrivalled." Alex longingly looked towards a neighbouring hill that had a slope on it.

"You can go, if you want?" I suggested remorsefully.

With my refusal I had only wanted to survive not keeping him away from having fun. If I had recognized his wishful yearning this morning, I probably would have risked it.

"Or... let's try it tomorrow." Hesitantly I offered and tried to convince myself that this was a good idea. Maybe there was a safe zone or something like that for hopeless cases?

"What a shame, that we won't be here tomorrow." He turned around grinning as brightly as the sun shun above us.

Uh what?

"We won't?" News to me. 

He should come with a warning label "Never give me free reign of your time."

"Yep, we won't. We are heading out this evening, after we have an afternoon tea with my parents. Aaand no, I won't tell you more." He amused held up his hand.

"Jerk." I muttered and grabbed some snow to form a snowball. 

Minutes later we were both covered in snow, rolling laughingly over the ground.

Today Alex's entourage were two security guys that had kept some distance and had managed to stay out of our powdery fight.

Snorting I fished some snow out of my mouth and hair. 

My cheeks were starting to hurt from all the laughing. Maybe it was also because of the many, many snowballs my face had met in the past minutes. Damn his good aim.

Alex rolled us over on the snow. He now lay below me, protecting me from the ice-cold ground. Though the down monster thick he still was a way better cushion. 

His face had also reddened cheeks and I had managed to get quite a good amount of snow in his hair and beard stubble.

Batting my eyes, I tried my best in looking persuasive "Please, tell me."

He looked smitten when he answered, "You know, I love you. But I still won't tell you."

Astonished my mouth dropped open. Hi butterflies, welcome to this winder-wonderland!

We hadn't once said it before and he just used it so casually! This GUY! 

Softly he lifted my chin to close my mouth and lifted his head to kiss it. 

The butterflies really felt at home here in this freezing weather. Who would have thought that?

Pushing myself up a bit I took off my sunglasses and replied, "You know what, I do, too."