017

"No, no, no

"No, no, no. Don't let them in" Stiles muttered. In his sleep he thrashed around, gripping the sheets. Suddenly a stream of light fluttered across his face. He opened his eyes, expecting to be met with the clock on his nightstand or the chips in his ceiling. Instead, he was met with metal.

Pressing up his hands he slowly realized he was in a locker. As he began banging on the door it was like vertigo set in and suddenly he was standing upright. Pushing against the locker he got the door open and stumbled out, confused as he found himself in the boy's locker room at school.

He glanced in the mirror, getting an eerie feeling before he walked out and crept down the empty dark halls. As he walked he came upon a classroom with the door ajar. Pushing it open, Stiles walked in not knowing what to make of what he was looking at.

In the midst of the chaos and broken windows and flipped-over chairs was the nemeton. A stump no longer sitting in the woods but in the middle of the classroom. Stiles walked up to it, trying to understand what was happening. He reached out his hand when suddenly vines protruded out and wrapped around his hand as if it was trying to pull him in.

Then he heard it. A scream. Heather's scream.

With a gasp, Stiles shot up, looking around to see that he was in bed. It was all a dream. A really strange dream.

"Hey. You okay?" Heather asked as she sat up next to him. Hearing his heart beating so rapidly she gently grabbed his arm. "Stiles?"

Stiles breathed out a sigh of relief. "Yeah. I was just dreaming. It was weird. It was like a dream within a dream" he told her.

"You had a nightmare?" she asked.

"Yeah," he sighed, wondering if that's what he would call it. He turned to Heather but couldn't shake the feeling that something was really wrong. He couldn't remember her sleeping over. "Wait. Heather, what are you doing here?"

Before she could answer his bedroom door creeped open, an eerie creaking sound echoing across the room. "Hang on," he said, moving to check it out.

Heather grabbed his arm to stop him. "Stiles, where are you going?" she asked.

Stiles looked at her confused. She sounded scared. Like the girl in the horror movie who didn't want her boyfriend to potentially face the killer on the other side of the door. Which was strange because Heather would most likely be the killer on the other side of the door.

"I'm just gonna close the door," he said.

"Just go back to sleep," she said, trying to pull him back down.

"No, no. I should close it" he said.

"Stiles, don't worry about it. It's just a door" she told him.

"What if someone comes in?" he asked, standing up to shut the door.

"Like who?" she asked.

Stiles didn't say anything as he headed towards the door that seemed farther away with every step.