023

After that night Heather refused to leave Stiles' side

After that night Heather refused to leave Stiles' side. Melissa had tried to convince Heather that she should be checked in and looked at but she refused. She was fine.

At least that's what she kept telling people, hoping that she could convince herself. Seeing Stiles lying in the hospital while she had the vision, or dream, of him, lying there in his own blood. It was all too much for her. She wanted to believe that she could never hurt Stiles.

But with everything going on with her she didn't know anything about herself anymore. She felt like she was in a constant state of freaking out. But for now, she had to push her feelings aside. She had to be there for Stiles. Whatever was happening to her she would heal. Stiles wouldn't.

She stood next to him grabbing his hand as Scott stood on the other side of her. Stiles was about to have an MRI. They suspected him of having the same disease his mom died from. Heather refused to believe it.

"I'm not even sure I know how to pronounce this. Or is it a misspelling" the doctor said.

"Just call him Stiles," Noah said.

"Okay, Stiles. Just to warn you. You're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's just pulses of electricity going through the metal coils. If you want we can get you earplugs or headphones" the doctor said.

"Um no. No, I don't need anything" Stiles said.

"Hey. We're just on the other side of that window. Okay," Noah said and Stiles nodded.

Noah, Melissa, and the doctor walked out leaving Scott and Heather with Stiles.

"You know what they're looking for right? It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure" he said, squeezing Heather's hand.

"Stiles. If you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something" Scott said.

Heather stepped aside as Scott pulled Stiles into a hug. Tears pooled in her eyes as she could smell the hurt and pain on both of them. After, Scott stepped out of the room leaving Heather and Stiles alone.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

She laughed. "You're the one having an MRI done and you're asking if I'm okay?" she asked.

"You haven't said anything. Usually, I can't get you to stop talking" Stiles said, trying to lighten the mood. It worked as a small sigh appeared on her face.

"Stiles. I just... You can't be sick okay? You can't be sick and you can't be dying. You can't just leave me here. You-"

"Hey. It's okay. I'm not going anywhere. At least not anytime soon" he said.

She nodded, not being able to speak or even know what to say. Instead, she leaned up and pressed her lips to his, crying even more as his arms tightened around her.