018

Melissa was grabbing her things, about to head home after a double shift when she heard someone call her name

Melissa was grabbing her things, about to head home after a double shift when she heard someone call her name. She turned around and saw Heather, sunglasses on and bundled up under an oversized hoodie.

"Heather? You don't look okay" Melissa.

"I know that's why I'm at the hospital," Heather said before she quickly sighed and shook her head. "Sorry, I think I'm dying and that's made me snappier than usual."

"What do you mean?" Melissa asked.

"I can't keep any blood down. But my body needs a steady supply of blood in order to function properly. So I was hoping you could help me with another way of getting blood in my system" Heather said.

"What, like a blood transfusion?" Melissa asked.

Heather just nodded, but even that small action made her feel dizzy.

"Are you sure that'd work?" Melissa asked.

"I don't know. And look, you don't have to do it. If you give me the blood I'm sure I can figure it out" Heather said.

Melissa sighed, shaking her head as she took off her coat and put her bag back down. "No, come on," she said, gesturing for Heather to follow her down the hall. "This way."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

At school the next day Heather felt better. Not great, but better.

"Hey," Stiles greeted as he walked up to his locker where she was waiting. "You look good."

"Thanks" she smiled, pulling him into a kiss. "I went to see Melissa last night."

"Melissa? For what?" he asked.

"Blood transfusion. Figured it'd be the only way to get blood into my system until I figure out what's wrong with me" she said.

Stiles took a step back and looked at her confused. "What do you mean a blood transfusion? Last night?" he asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"I didn't know I had to," she said.

"You didn't- why would you not tell me? I mean what if didn't work? What if something bad happened and you, like, exploded or something?!" he exclaimed.

"Why would I explode?" she asked.

"That's not the point!" he snapped.

"Okay! Okay, I get it. I'm sorry. I'm not used to having anyone else around. I normally just do everything myself" she said.

"I know. I think this whole situation just has me on edge. I'm just worried about you" he said.

"Yeah, I'm not used to that either" she smiled, running a hand through his hair. "But I like you worrying about me. It's cute."