022

"Okay

"Okay. So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" Heather asked. "Why would you do that?"

"Look, I know how it sounds but look at this" Stiles said, pulling a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. "This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts, and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?"

"The prank you played on Coach," she said.

"That was my idea. You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be" he said.

"Or, and I'm not going to tell you how I know this but using nuts, bolts, and screws is just a really common way to build a shrapnel bomb," she said.

"You think I'm lying?" he asked.

"No. No, I definitely do not think you're lying. But Stiles, it is also very hard to believe that you are going around helping convicted serial killers kill teenagers in your sleep" she said.

Stiles sighed, trying to wrap his head around it too.

"Speaking of sleep, when was the last time you had any?" she asked.

"You saying I look tired?" he asked, trying his best to make a joke of the situation.

"You look great. You always look great. But I can see it in your eyes, babe. You're exhausted" she said, reaching up to run her thumb over his cheek.

"Yeah. Maybe I just need to go home" he mumbled.

"I'll take you," she said.

"No, it's okay," he said.

"Stiles-"

"Really. I can manage" he said. "I'll call you later."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

With Stiles headed home, Heather decided she didn't really need to stay at school either. But before she could leave, Scott and the twins found her.

"Where's Stiles?" Scott asked.

"Home. He hasn't been sleeping a lot lately" she said.

"Is he okay?" Scott asked.

"Yeah. Just...stressed maybe. I'm gonna go check on him later" she said. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"If you count demonic ninjas as wrong then yeah," Ethan said.

"Demonic ninjas?" she asked.

"They came last night after you guys left the party. They attacked the twins, Lydia, Isaac, and Derek" Scott said.

"What? Are they okay?" Heather asked.

"We're fine," Aiden said.

"I don't care about you. I meant Lydia" she said.