The Moment

After Belle and Tyler left the rooftop party, they ride to Downtown and head to an American diner to grab a bite to eat. They ordered an American classic; cheeseburgers with fries and milkshakes. "This place looks amazing and these burgers and shakes looks so good!", Belle smiled. "This is the best American diner that you'll ever go to in Downtown LA.", Tyler replied.

"Really? Why?", Belle asked. "My dad used to bring me here when I was kid and I've been taking Chloe here since he left.", Tyler replied. "Oh, so this place must be very special for you.", Belle smiled. "Yeah, it is and it always will be for me.", Tyler smiled. Belle and Tyler took a bite of their burgers and Belle's eyes went big the moment she took her first bite. 

"Wow, it's really good!", Belle cried. "The best cheeseburger you've ever had?", Tyler asked. "Yeah, really juicy.", Belle smiled. "You should try a fry, and let me know how is it.", Tyler smiled. Belle grab a fry and took a bite of it. "Wow, that's also good. Very crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside.", Belle smiled. 

"Not soggy and cold?", Tyler asked. "No, it's perfectly hot and crispy". Belle smiled. "Hey, try the milkshake. I recommend it.", Tyler replied. Belle took a sip of her strawberry milkshake, as Tyler sip his chocolate milkshake, looking at her. "Holy crap! This is so good!", Belle cried. "Best milkshake?", Tyler asked. "Yeah, it's so rich and velvety. It's perfect.", Belle smiled. 

"Now, dip it with a fry.", Tyler smiled, dipping a fry in this milkshake and eating it. Belle isn't pleased by this and looks disgusted. "That's disgusting.", Belle sighed. "Come on, Bells. You think ketchup is the only thing that goes well with fries, then you're wrong. Everything goes well with fries, like ice cream with pickles, for example.", Tyler replied. 

"I don't know, Ty.", Belle replied nervously. "Come on, just try one.", Tyler replied. Belle grab a fry, to dip it inside her milkshake and takes a small bite. "To be honest, it's pretty good.", Belle smiled. "See? I told you! Everything goes well with fries.", Tyler smiled, which makes him and Belle laugh. 

After enjoying a meal at the diner, Tyler takes Belle to an unknown destination. Tyler parks the motorcycle and turns it off. Belle is confused where Tyler has taken her. "Where are we?", Belle asked, taking off her helmet. "Come with me and you'll see.", Tyler smiled, offering her his hand. 

Belle takes his hand and Tyler takes her up to the railing ledge, and to Belle's surprise, it was a lookout, where the view is the skyline of Los Angeles. "Pretty cool, right?", Tyler asked. Belle is speechless, as she is amazed how beautiful it is. "I'm speechless, I don't know what to say. It's beautiful!", Belle smiled. 

"I know, which is why I wanted to take you here.", Tyler smiled. Belle start to shiver, wrapping her  arms around herself and Tyler notice it. "Hey, are you ok?", Tyler asked. "Yeah, it's just cold.", Belle replied, in a shivering voice. Tyler takes off his leather jacket and put it on Belle's shoulders. Belle is surprised and held it as he puts it on for her.

"Here, it'll keep you warm.", Tyler smiled. "Thanks.", Belle smiled. Belle and Tyler looks at each other and having a long moment for a while. Tyler leans down to her face, about to kiss her, Belle did the same, but as they're about to kiss, Tyler's phone goes off, interrupting their moment. Tyler looks at his phone and it's Chloe. 

"Sorry, it's my sister. I better take this.", Tyler replied. "Sure.", Belle smiled. Tyler answers his phone. "Hey, Chlo, what's up?", Tyler asked. "Hey, where are you?", Chloe asked. "I'm out with Belle. Why?", Tyler asked. "Mom's been trying to call you, she's wondering where you were.", Chloe replied. "Like she cares!", Tyler yelled. 

"Ty, she's worried about you. I know how much you hate her since Dad left.", Chloe replied. "Don't mention Dad again! I don't hear anything from her!", Tyler yelled. Chloe couldn't believe Tyler snapped at her and tries to hold back her tears. "Chloe, I...", Tyler replied, regretting his words. "Just be home, alright.", Chloe replied. 

"Wait! Chloe, I'm sorry!", Tyler cried, but Chloe end the call before he is able to apologise. Belle overheard the conversation. "You shouldn't have yelled at her like that.", Belle replied. "I know. We should go. I'll take you home and I'll go home and talk to Chloe.", Tyler sighed. "Ok.", Belle replied. Tyler goes to his motorcycle and Belle follows him. 

Belle and Tyler arrives to Belle's house and Tyler turns off his motorcycle as Belle gets off and returns her helmet to him. "Thanks for the ride and again, thanks for having my back at the party.", Belle smiled. "No worries, I'm glad I was there.", Tyler smiled. "Are you ok?", Belle asked. "Yeah, I just felt guilty about what I said to Chloe.", Tyler sighed. 

"Tyler, I know that your relationship with your mom hasn't been going great since your dad left. But maybe you should give her a chance. When my mom died, it hit my dad really hard. He mostly focus on his work, rather than my brothers and I. He was barely at home and we never see him often.", Belle sighed. 

"Whoa, that's terrible.", Tyler replied. "Yeah. You're lucky that you still have both of your parents, while I only have one parent left. So, give your mom a chance because it felt like she didn't just lost her husband, but also her son.", Belle sighed. "Thanks. Anyways, I better get going and try to talk to Chloe.", Tyler replied. 

"Good idea. I'll see you later.", Belle smiled. "See ya later. I'll call you.", Tyler smiled, as he and Belle hugs goodbye. Tyler puts on his helmet, turn on his motorcycle and rides away, as Belle watches him, remembering that intimate moment that she almost had with Tyler, before heading inside the house. 

Minutes later, Tyler returns home after dropping Belle off and he quietly goes into Chloe's room, where she is sleeping. But seeing how peaceful she is, Tyler decide not to wake her and closes her bedroom door, before going to bed. Tyler lay in his bed, thinking of the moment he almost had with Belle, wondering if he's falling for her.