vi.

six ── meetings

𝖂hen Tuesday arrived, Eden was up extra early to get everything ready. She cleaned the entire house, top to bottom, took Bradley out for a walk, made cookies, called her mom and was now waiting for them to show up. It was close to four, so Luke was out of school, and Pat had sent her a text an hour earlier to say that they were leaving.

Bradley sat by her feet, having got back from the dog groomers, panting happily. 

Finally, just as Eden was about to ring her mom and panic, the doorbell rang.

Jumping from her seat, Eden smoothed out her shirt and opened the door, a smile on her face. Luke appeared first, grinning as he saw her which caused Eden to beam.

"Hi Luke!"

"Eden!" She grinned, before ruffling his hair as he entered her house and kicked his shoes off. "I brought my homework."

"You can do it in my study if you want." Luke nodded, before running off to find her dog and then head off to the study. "Pat, good to see you."

"Hello Eden. This is Mr. and Mrs. Myles. They run the foster home that Luke is in and you know Violet, your case worker." Eden nodded, shaking hands with the pair and then Violet before inviting them inside.

"We can talk in the living room. Would anyone like anything to drink or eat?"

There were a few calls of tea and coffee, and Eden left them in the living room as she headed to the kitchen. Violet followed her in, offering to help as they quickly made the drinks.

"Are you nervous?" Eden looked up, turning to her case worker.

"A little. I'm more excited for him to be able to come home now." Eden smiled. "I miss him when he's not here. It's quiet."

"From what Pat's been telling me, Luke really enjoys it. He spent the whole of the car ride over telling me about the room that he's got here and all of the things that you and he have done together."

"Yeah, there's still some things that have got to be added into his room, but it's almost done. I just can't believe that it's finally here." Eden grinned widely at the news that the 12 year old was just as excited as she was, before putting all the cups on a tray as Violet brought the milk and sugars for the adults. 

"We were just saying, it's a lovely house you have." Mrs. Myles turned to Eden who thanked her.

"I brought it a few years back and finally finished renovating it three years ago." Eden replied, before pulling her legs up beneath her. "So, now onto what we're here to talk about. I'm really excited to get going."

"Of course." Pat smiled, before pulling some papers from her bag. "So here's the plan of action so far."