x.

ten ── gods

𝕿here was only two people that Eden trusted as much as she did her own family. Ashlee and Alfie. So, when Luke told her about his father, she sent a text to both of them asking them to track the man down.

She wanted this dealt with quickly and quietly so that Luke wouldn't have any more upset in his life because that wasn't fair on him.

"Edie." Alfie fell in beside her and she swept through the office. She peered over the top of her glasses. "Ash got him."

"Of course she did." Turning Eden found her assistant, who was sitting at her desk with a very satisfied smirk on her face and a folder in front of her. "You're the best."

"I know." Ashlee opened it, sliding it across to her. "I did what you suggested, looked through all the mail companies and nothing, but then I thought, what if he was using a front? So I looked again, background checked everyone and lo and behold, one of them was a front."

Alfie and Eden both grinned. 

"I've got his email, phone number, his address and financial records amongst others." Ashlee smiled, before handing her the folder. "It's all there, Edie."

"Well, let's set up a meeting."

"For when?"

"Tomorrow." Eden nodded, pulling her coat on. "I want this done before he can mess up my son's life anymore."

"I'll call now."

"Thank you." Eden grinned, before turning back to Alfie. "Come on, I want to pick Luke up from school."

"Of course." He held the elevator door open for her, pressing the ground floor button. "What are you going to say to him?"

"He's got two choices." Eden checked her phone to see if her mom had sent her anything. "Either step up or get out."

"I'll be outside whilst the whole thing goes down."

"God, Alf, you make it sound like a drug deal." Eden laughed, thanking the valet who opened her car door. "It's just a friendly parent to useless parent meeting."

"I can see that you two are going to get on so well." Alfie laughed, setting off into the traffic as he tried to get to Luke's school as quickly as possible. "Just, don't kill him tomorrow. Or make him cry!"

"That was one guy." Eden protested, putting her phone away to glare at her best friend. "I think he was having a bad day."

"Was that before or after he met you?"

"I will fire you."

"Your mom would kill you."

"And your mom would kill you." Eden grinned, rolling her eyes as she tucked her heels underneath her. "How is she?"