xiv.

fourteen ── ice

𝕰den leant against the side of the rink, watching as Luke skated past her, hot on Jasper's heels

𝕰den leant against the side of the rink, watching as Luke skated past her, hot on Jasper's heels. They were both laughing, trying to see who could go the fastest and it caused the older woman to grin at her brother and son.

"So he's starting ice skating?" Eden paused at the sound of a voice, before turning her head and rolling her eyes as she found Hermes standing next to her. The god had a grin on his face, his eyes lit up as he watched Luke skate around the rink with Jasper. "That's amazing."

"He wants to play ice hockey." Hermes lent beside her, watching Luke skate around. "Are you remembering that? Christmas is two months away and you've got to get him a Christmas gift, so remember. Ice hockey."

"Yeah, I know." Luke didn't seem to notice that Hermes was there, looking too happy to care as Jasper began to teach him crossovers at the other end of the rink. "What team does he like?"

"New York Rangers." Eden muttered, grinning. She'd already got her Christmas present for Luke, tickets to go and see the Rangers play on New Years Day. "Get him a jersey."

"Sure." Hermes nodded. "If you need anything, equipment, anything like that, let me know."

"I'm more than capable of paying for it myself thanks."

"Yeah, but I can get you same day shipping." Hermes grinned, not letting her annoyed tone put him off. "I'm not trying to insult you, Miss Jones, honest."

"Somehow, I find that hard to believe." Eden rolled her eyes again but it only drew a laugh from Hermes' lips. "Anyway, what do you want? I assume you didn't show up to start becoming a father once more."

"Luke doesn't want me around yet, I know that. I'll wait until he's ready."

"That makes a change from a few months ago."

"You wanted to know where May was." Hermes ignored the tone of her voice once more, before handing her a piece of paper. "After social services took Luke away, they put May into a home. I found her, and then found a place more suitable and have been paying so that she can stay there and be treated."

"I'm surprised you didn't ask her to run away." Eden turned to look up at Hermes, who scrunched his nose.

"I'm taking that as a sign that me telling Luke to run away is something that's going to be brought up for a very long time."

"It's going to be brought up for a very long time." Eden confirmed. "Thank you for the address."

"Sure."

"Are you going to be there for Christmas or Thanksgiving?" Hermes shrugged.

"I'm a Greek god. Christmas and Thanksgiving aren't exactly my sort of holidays, and Luke doesn't want me around just yet."