one

Juliette woke up to the coldness and dampness of the air she breathed. She knew the morning had come. She knew she must attend to class or she won't survive this year. She groaned as she rolled to the other side of the bed. Just another five minutes, she said to herself. But she knew, it won't be just five minutes. It could be more and she couldn't take that chance.

She gathered all the strength she had. Took a quick shower, wear the uniform, a little perfume to at least made her feel clean and fresh. She brushed her wavy brown hair gently and let it fell to her shoulders. She took a look at the mirror once more before she left. All set, good to go.

Juliette stepped outside her dormitory, to the common room. The air was just as cold and as damp as her bedroom. It will be nice to have a little sunlight over here, she thought. But she knew, everybody knew, it was impossible.

Her stomach growled. Of course. She didn't eat anything last night. She was too tired to even lift a muscle. She went to the great hall, in hope to find a leftover breakfast. Anything to hold the hunger until lunchtime. A carton of milk, great, and a croissant, yes, that will do. It wasn't much and she was still starving but it was better than nothing at all.

Once she arrived in class, she unpacked her things. She put the books on the table. Her friends were already at the class, filling the empty seats. Pansy caught her eye. She arrived a little late as always. Juliette waved her hand as she already save a seat next to her. Pansy caught her too and she waved back. Pansy's perfume struck her nose. The same old smell. Fresh and delicate.

"You eat?" Pansy asked as she filled her mouth with a croissant and milk. Hurried before the class starts.

Juliette nodded. "Yeah. Still starving as hell though."

"There's a party tonight, you heard?" Pansy asked.

Juliette shook her head. "No. Common room?"

Pansy nodded. "I think we should be there."

"Again?"

"Yeah. For the foods. And maybe a little drink for me."

"Well, let's see. Can't promise you anything."

The class went okay. Juliette paid a little bit of attention. Lunchtime came, Juliette and Pansy were too excited to eat. The rest of the day went just the same as the days before. When nighttime falls, Julliete was on her bed staring at the ceiling. She hugged her body tight, it was cold. Outside, she heard her friends are busy picking outfits and doing their hair and makeup. She remembered. It was all for tonight's party. A big party. Not only for Slytherins. But also for other houses. Yeah, there would be plenty of people and Juliette hates big crowds.

Someone knocked on her door, when she opened it, she found Pansy already dressed up. She wanted to pick Juliette, she thought Juliette was already dressed up. At first, Juliette insisted to stay. But she could never say no to her best friend. She gave up and change her clothes.

When they both arrived at the common room, a lot of people was already there. The music was blasting loudly, people cheering and dancing, even some girls were gossiping when Juliette and Pansy entered the room. The Gryffindor girls were known to be the gossiper. Some of them were staring at Juliette when she passed them. Juliette smiled, she didn't want to give the wrong impressions. But they rolled their eyes. What a pity.

"I smiled at them. And they rolled their eyes." Juliette shouted. The music was too loud to whisper.

Pansy sipped a drink. "Yeah, i hate them. I tried to be nice too once. But they just love making us as villains even when we did nothing bad. Slytherins are always bad for them. Well, not for all of them. But still."